Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi oil to Israel

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    From purely a foreign relations (mid east/western) perspective is this a good idea or will it serve to provoke more bad relations?

U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan
    By Amiram Cohen

The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.
    source

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    From purely a foreign relations (mid east/western) perspective is this a good idea or will it serve to provoke more bad relations?

U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan
    By Amiram Cohen

The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.
    source
    Does not surprise me in the least. We can now forget about weapons of mass destruction, now that the real reason for the 'war' has surfaced.
    I wonder where the opium from Afghanistan will end up.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Whether oil supplies were part of the reason to invade or not is debatable, however it has been used by the right as a reason the US can't leave,

But what I am concerned about with this is what possible ramifications this could have in the efforts to find peace.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    But what I am concerned about with this is what possible ramifications this could have in the efforts to find peace.
    Ermm, what efforts would those be, exactly?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    yes , i'm really want to know these efforts

if what you saying above is true that will end any try whatsoever
    for peace in middle east .
    islamic groups in iraq will bomb every pipeline when they know that it carries oil to isreal.
    arabian and islamic people will be more than angry that usa gives the arabian oil to fuel the isreali fighters which killed innocent people in Gaza and western bank in daily basis
    and let's talk about usa staying in iraq
    usa came to iraq to find mass destruction wepeons which they knew it was a big lie and an excuse to invde iraq and took its oil.
    now, after 4 years 3000 american soldiers killed more than 20000 wounded
    american administration still insists on staying in iraq
    i guess if this means anything it will mean that this administration don't care about how many americans got killed they only care how much oil they can have

For Serving Community

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Jabs aside, a political and diplomatic solution is needed.

Judging by your comment may I conclude that you feel this shows that the powers that be have no interest is winning over those in the ME that don't trust the US or have any interest in stability in the region?

From my view I think this would be a terrible move and only serve as a propaganda tool for our enemies to stoke up anti American feelings even more. It certainly wouldn't do anything to dispel the idea that the USA went to war for oil.
    Last edited by vidcc; 08-02-2007 at 01:06 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    may i ask who are the enemies of usa?

For Serving Community

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfaller View Post
    may i ask who are the enemies of usa?
    From my viewpoint we are not at war with nations but instead ideological groups like AQ and associated spin offs. There are nations who are unfriendly to us and there are nations we are unfriendly to (and the feeling is returned or vice versa).
    Depending on what part of the political spectrum one sits on there are people that view countries we are not at war with as enemies and are spoiling for a fight with them (as long as they aren't the ones that actually have to do the fighting)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i hardly believe the possibility of such a project, 1st of all government wont allow it and if it dose then public wont agree with it.
    average Iraqi may not liked Saddam but they backed the action taken by him when he stopped oil production to pressure on west/"Israel", i dont think they changed their opinion so soon.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    i agree the AQ is an enemy for usa but only AQ
    but what USA did to stop AQ?!
    they didn't catch ben laden ,after 6 years hunting him and his group
    AQ still operates everywhere
    instead usa creates a wave of hatred against her in all islamic countries for no reason
    usa has to change her policy in middle east
    not all muslims are terrorists and usa by invading islamic countries and supporting dictatorship regimes in middle east creates terrorists not get rid of them.

For Serving Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast