Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best downloader to download from torrent sites

Azureus and Utorrent go hand in hand...

However in university i Use the bitcomet coz thats the only one that works

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    With my dial up i can download between 9 gig and 10 gig for the month for only $10 and never be kicked off, so why waste a extra $50 plus on broadband when i dont need it. If i was downloading movies then i would get broadband but until then i will use what i have.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    mini-me's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    You prob wont get any faster on dial up but uTorrent is the best IMO.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    It's been said before but your not going to get a faster speed on any client. They're all the same in that respect. I prefer UTorrent as do a lot of people however it's not going to increase your speed, it just uses less resources on your pc.

But with your slow speeds might want to try newsgroups. I'm not on any but I understand for a fairly affordable price you can max out your connection.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    But with your slow speeds might want to try newsgroups. I'm not on any but I understand for a fairly affordable price you can max out your connection.
    what's the point in using newsgroups if the max of his connection is only 6kbs anyway.

for those that are saying you shouldn't use 56k on bittorrent you are very very wrong. If he just wants to download music off public trackers then say roughly 3 - 4 hours an album may be acceptable to him. not everyone is addicted to downloading HD rips of the latest Movies at megabyte speeds. He may even have a life outside of filesharing

oh yeah how much is satellite internet these days and is the upload still shite. Im guessing its out of the price range of most people.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I figured his connection was a bit faster than that as he said the best he gets with bitlord is 6k. Torrents usually won't max out your connection unless you downloading several at once, which being on a dialup connection he probably isn't.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Anti-Trader Inc. BT Rep: +5
    I figured his connection was a bit faster than that as he said the best he gets with bitlord is 6k. Torrents usually won't max out your connection unless you downloading several at once, which being on a dialup connection he probably isn't.
    Dialup = 56 Kbps(max)...how did you figure out his connection was faster?

Anyways, just thinking of DialUp scares me... it was not too long ago for me either - I feel for you mate.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    utorrent for sure /no doubt!
    FLiP all the way!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by anions View Post
    Dialup = 56 Kbps(max)...how did you figure out his connection was faster?
    56Kb/s * 1KB/8Kb = 7KB/s ... his connection can be improved.
    Last edited by Brenya; 09-05-2007 at 09:33 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Try FlashGet because now it supports Torrents too. All In One application for downloading!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast