Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i missing out by only using nzb search engines?

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    If you want the best pretimes you'll just have to search through a raw view of Usenet and find them for yourself. If you wait on a NZB that is just what you are doing, waiting....

Waiting until someone else takes it upon themself to gift wrap the post and put it on your door step. For popular things it may happen fairly quickly. For more of the odds and ends it may not happen at all.

You don't have to download headers, a much quicker way is to use a search engine, i.e. my provider Usenetserver provides the globlasearch feature for free. Instantly searches through all of Usenet for key words or phrases.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    If you want the best pretimes you'll just have to search through a raw view of Usenet and find them for yourself. If you wait on a NZB that is just what you are doing, waiting....

You don't have to download headers, a much quicker way is to use a search engine, i.e. my provider Usenetserver provides the globlasearch feature for free. Instantly searches through all of Usenet for key words or phrases.
    So just copy&past the name of the realease and add it to search collum in NewsBin for example?

Well, my newsbin expires in 1 day anyway, so iam trying in Alt.Binz 0.25.0 currently..there is global search, but i think it search results apper only under categories like "binsearch or newzleecher"

Btw. i must say i really like the NZB Index here on FST. Clear, nice descriptions, with quite good pres. But there are lots of things released what are not here.

@wickedsick
    Nice logo, but i cant figure out what's the url
    Last edited by stroj; 10-15-2007 at 03:44 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Yo Stoj personally I really couldn't give a monkeys arse about pre times this and that. WTF does it matter. I use usenet and BT sometimes something shows on BT and sometimes on usenet. I am normally fairly confident on what will appear on usenet so I just wait a few minutes lol.

Saves sitting on a tracker uploading till ratio reaches 1:1. End of day my preference is to download full speed and not have to worry about ratio. Usenet wins. However if I cannot get on usenet then yes by all means lets go for BT. WTF everyone keep going on about pre times? Who cares.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Windy72 View Post
    Yo Stoj personally I really couldn't give a monkeys arse about pre times this and that. WTF does it matter. I use usenet and BT sometimes something shows on BT and sometimes on usenet. I am normally fairly confident on what will appear on usenet so I just wait a few minutes lol.

Saves sitting on a tracker uploading till ratio reaches 1:1. End of day my preference is to download full speed and not have to worry about ratio. Usenet wins. However if I cannot get on usenet then yes by all means lets go for BT. WTF everyone keep going on about pre times? Who cares.
    Yes i agree, for my personal use, i dont give a shit if its 1min or 1hour. But last days i saw couple of trolls saying how p2p pretimes sux etc. Well actually its not just them, but most of usenet ppl. And tbh all this talk about ratio problems, seeding etc. You can just pay 1 month for good seedbox and then you have no problem at all with ratio, you can download whatever you want. And you dont have to search for rls's/check prechannels (if you want good PRE), you have everything @ 1 place. Oh, and speeds are max ~90% of my downloads anyways. Btw. please dont start flaming, lets keep it constructive. Iam just trying to understand all the usenet positives.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by stroj View Post

Yes i agree, for my personal use, i dont give a shit if its 1min or 1hour. But last days i saw couple of trolls saying how p2p pretimes sux etc. Well actually its not just them, but most of usenet ppl. And tbh all this talk about ratio problems, seeding etc. You can just pay 1 month for good seedbox and then you have no problem at all with ratio, you can download whatever you want. And you dont have to search for rls's/check prechannels (if you want good PRE), you have everything @ 1 place. Oh, and speeds are max ~90% of my downloads anyways. Btw. please dont start flaming, lets keep it constructive. Iam just trying to understand all the usenet positives.
    Good luck with the seed box. But I feel it kind of defeats the idea of p2p if you are going leech after your ratio hits a good level.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    In my opinion usenet outweighs torrents in one of the most important ways....Safety. With torrents you open yourself up to anyone seeing your Ip and thus risking getting at the very least a DMCA letter at worst being sued for a lot of money. As of right now Usenet is the safest way of getting our warez. Who cares about pre times. Just my honest opinion.

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by stroj View Post

Good luck with the seed box. But I feel it kind of defeats the idea of p2p if you are going leech after your ratio hits a good level.
    Thats true. Iam not telling you gotta hitnrun..You can just seed it for couple of days, but not neccesarely 1:1 (which alot of ppl complain they cant achieve)

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Seeding is for the birds. If pre-times are an important factor in your downloading/pirating life then you need to get outside and disconnect every once in a blue moon.

I want my stuff fast, blazing fast, and after that I want to be done with it.

On topic though, I've always found that the NZB indexing site here on FST has been more than adequate for my tastes. I look at this way, if I don't see it on the indexing site here then it isn't worth looking for. There is way too much information out there and it can become a very time consuming process if you get into that "I feel like I'm missing something" rut. You're always missing something and it's impossible to ever find it all. So cut your losses and just have fun with it, unless you want to be one of those momma boy basement bedroom cases who can go days, if not weeks, without stepping a foot outside.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i was thinking the other day private nzb sites is the next step for p2p. if it hasnt happened already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12