Thread: For Jpaul

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I found this, JPaul I thought you might like it...

Wisdom is a state of the human mind characterized by profound understanding and deep insight. It is often, but not necessarily, accompanied by extensive formal knowledge. Unschooled people can acquire wisdom, and wise people can be found among carpenters, fisherman or housewives.
    Wherever it exists, wisdom shows itself as a perception of the relativity and relationshiops among things. It is an awareness of wholeness that does not lose sight of particularity or concreteness, or of the intricacies of interrelationships. It is where left and right brain come together in a union of logic and poetry and sensation, and where self-awareness is no longer at odds with awareness of the otherness of the world. Wisdom cannot be confined to a specialized field, nor is it an academic discipline; it is the consciousness of wholeness and integrity that transcends both. Wisdom is complexity understood and relationships accepted.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    insanebassman
    That is beautiful...

The fortune of chaos coming in as a collective to draw together the scattered reminants of input to create a consolodated whole.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Wisdom is also a type of teeth.

Just thought I would share that.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by fugley@26 June 2003 - 21:05
    Wisdom is also a type of teeth.

Just thought I would share that.
    And mine are giving me gyp&#33; Been on the bonjella all day :&#39;(

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@26 June 2003 - 19:22

Wisdom is a state of the human mind characterized by profound understanding and deep insight. It is often, but not necessarily, accompanied by extensive formal knowledge. Unschooled people can acquire wisdom, and wise people can be found among carpenters, fisherman or housewives.
    Wherever it exists, wisdom shows itself as a perception of the relativity and relationshiops among things. It is an awareness of wholeness that does not lose sight of particularity or concreteness, or of the intricacies of interrelationships. It is where left and right brain come together in a union of logic and poetry and sensation, and where self-awareness is no longer at odds with awareness of the otherness of the world. Wisdom cannot be confined to a specialized field, nor is it an academic discipline; it is the consciousness of wholeness and integrity that transcends both. Wisdom is complexity understood and relationships accepted.
    I used to believe in the fundamental connectedness of all things. In essence that every individual part of the universe was a microcosm of the whole. As a natural extension of that all living creatures, being a part of the holistic universe were a part of each other and that this made us all, in some small way responsible for each others actions. We cannot detach ourselves from the universe we are not in it, we are part of it. So in some way we are all a bit of Martin Luther King and a bit of Adolf Hitler.

I have lived with this belief for many years, I can accept that being part of a universe which contains evil, then I am partly evil. I can accept that if the universe allows evil to take place then I too, as merely a part of it allow evil to take place.

However I have had to change this position recently and now believe that there is a universe of separate things and that I live in this universe, rather than being part of it. I am forced to do this because otherwise I would be in some way responsible for fugley´s threads and frankly that is beyond the pale.

On topic, nigel - thanks for that. I have copied it into a document and saved it. Those are good ideas well put. Some of the wisest and clearest thinking people I have known have not had the benefit of a protracted formal education. I have often thought that this was perhaps the reason. Their thoughts were not tethered by pre-conceived ideas and prejudices, so they see what they see, not what they think they should see.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by nigel123@26 June 2003 - 13:22

I could have spent years attempting to express this and not come close to doing it so well.

A superior summation and meditation.

And here&#39;s to you, JPaul.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+27 June 2003 - 05:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 27 June 2003 - 05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@26 June 2003 - 13:22

I could have spent years attempting to express this and not come close to doing it so well.

A superior summation and meditation.

And here&#39;s to you, JPaul. [/b][/quote]
    Here´s to us, I think you´ll find old bean.

PS are you really the king of the well read.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JPaul@27 June 2003 - 03:42
    PS are you really the king of the well read.
    I do as much as I can, beyond that, I haven&#39;t a clue.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain