View Poll Results: should adults be allowed to canvass children at the school gates?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes directly outside children are fair game

6 23.08%
  • no there should be an exclusion zone.

20 76.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: outside schools

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Who are you to tell other people how they should educate their children. If Muslims believe that the best way to educate their own children is in a school which teaches their religion then that's up to them, not you.

Someone else coming to their school and giving children pamphlets, or books or whatever is not the same thing. "Up till now my posts have been of a general nature concerning the thread content." - Pish, you twisted it to suit your agenda, it's not the same thing at all.
    Absolute twaddle. Read the thread from the beginning.The whole thing behind the issuing of pamphlets at the gates of US schools is because the teaching of religion is not allowed. Christians in the States are doing hand stands and somersaults trying to achieve the introduction of religion into the curriculum.
    Who are they(Christians) to say how children should be educated. Introducing Creationism as means of introduction did not worked. The issuing of leaflets is just another ploy.
    One way is them trying to get it in the school curriculum. This has to go through a school board....basically some oversight.

The other is them trying to circumvent that by handing out propaganda just outside the school grounds.

2 different things entirely.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    If you look at the definition of brainwashing it would appear that I am correct.

brain·wash·ing (brān'wŏsh'ĭng, -wô'shĭng)
    n.
    1. Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.
    2. The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.
    Only if you happen to be the type of bigot who thinks that happens in schools which have religious studies classes. It may happen in some, I have no idea not having experience of every type of school.

However for you to say that it happens in all just shows that you are simply supporting your own narrow minded bigotry. Probably based on your out-dated view on how schools operate. Religious education nowadays, far from teaching that one religion is the only religion, teach about the wide variety there is. The differences in fundamental beliefs etc. more importantly they also teach about the similarities.

Being fair I am only talking about Christian schools. I have no experience of any other types, however that does not mean I will judge them harshly based on ignorance.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am only bigoted in the sense that that I believe no religion should be taught in schools. It would appear that the US government is also bigoted according to your principles.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    No, you are bigoted because you accuse other people of brainwashing, based on your own prejudices. Having at best out-dated information on the subject and at worst none at all. How much do you actually know about the teaching of religion in Muslim schools, or in Jewish schools. Or in any other school which either is affiliated to a religion or is non-religious but chooses to teach children about different religious systems.

Whether the US Government is also bigoted is really neither here nor there. It changes nothing about you, your attitudes or how you express them. I do however find it extraordinary if the American people have decided that religion is a subject which should be precluded from it's school curriculum. How can you even study things like History without also studying religion.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am Homophobic(not your words), Narrow minded, Bigoted, Prejudiced. The only thing missing is vindictiveness.

If I achieve that then I will be in danger of usurping your position as the Forum arse (Official)

/ignore
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    I am Homophobic(not your words), Narrow minded, Bigoted, Prejudiced. The only thing missing is vindictiveness.

If I achieve that then I will be in danger of usurping your position as the Forum arse (Official)

/ignore
    Oh there's plenty of vindictiveness about you, posting the odd smillie when you do it doesn't change that.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

/ignore
    Oh there's plenty of vindictiveness about you, posting the odd smillie when you do it doesn't change that.
    I'm trying to think of Happy, Fluffy Rainbows.

P.S I wanted to be the Arse!

Bob. I'll make a deal with you. You can have a cheek and I can have a cheek. That would be the PC thing to do.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 09-09-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

I'm trying to think of Happy, Fluffy Rainbows.

P.S I wanted to be the Arse!
    There's still time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234