Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Plastic on phone case

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I've been going insane lately, trying to figure out what will throughly clean off the protective plastic that covers the inner and outer screens of my razr's phone case. This is the case btw: (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Scuba...6215957&sr=8-3)

I've tried washing them off with dish soap and warm water and WD40 so far which have both had the same results. Neither of them take off that tough grease thats on em. I was thinking of using 70% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol but I'm second guessing that it'll probably cloud it up and totaly destroy the thing..which would not be ideal. I've also thought of using some "Super Clean" (http://www.superclean.com/products.php) on it but it's corrosive and could potentially melt/cloud it too. Any Ideas?
    Last edited by S!X; 08-04-2007 at 10:11 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Guessing - Turtlewax, toothpaste (my pick), or oatmeal soap.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Natural remedies eh, there's gotta be some kind of household solvent that can do it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I've used toothpaste on watch crystals for years. Always to the good. It's mild so is oatmeal soap.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I wouldn't use WD40 as it's not kind to plastics. Usually a mild vinegar solution does the trick.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    what about the spray they sell to clean glasses and sunglasses? Don't spray it directly on the phone, though. Spray it onto the microfiber towel and then wipe down the screens.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    what about the spray they sell to clean glasses and sunglasses? Don't spray it directly on the phone, though. Spray it onto the microfiber towel and then wipe down the screens.
    Thats probably the best idea but a cheaper solution would be to use a " Used " fabric softener sheet like Bounce or Snuggle and water . I use that on my LCD screen and works very well . Just rinse it out well .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    That actually worked surprisingly well! It's like impossible to get into the corners of the outer screen without a toothbrush or something everything else came pretty clean though.
    Last edited by S!X; 08-04-2007 at 07:50 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    alright! glad I could help.

I actually took my own advice and used it to clean my razr's screens and keypad, too. Now they look spotless....till the next phone call. hehe

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well, don't spend too much time or money on cleaning supplies. An new case is only $9.99.

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast