Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kazaa

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by aserty@26 June 2003 - 18:49
    They did need to get court permission for them to monitor our uploads/downlods.
    Wrong.
    All they have to do is download the Kazaa (or K-Lite) program, institute a search, and viola! any user who pops up with that file is exposed. If you run the privacy patch thay can't see what else you may have, but they do know that you have that one particular file.
    Whether thay can successfully sue you remains to be seen.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    They could do that, but they are not. Instead they are having companies such as Comcast give them information about their traffic, then they file a suit if the have to many files.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    If you run the privacy patch thay can't see what else you may have, but they do know that you have that one particular file.
    well, they won't sue you for that one song they can proove you're sharing. But if you don't use the patch, they'll see everything, make a screenshot, and possibly sue you... (unless you don't live in the USA, like me .)

edit: typo

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by aserty@27 June 2003 - 01:06
    I dont think they can touch us, we use KaZaA-Lite, not KaZaA. They only have permission to check out KaZaA users afterall.
    What gave you that nutty idea, they'll scan whoever they can find.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I don't know. I got kind of spooked last night when my Peer Guardian alerted me to 2 different scans I got from the FBI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12