Thread: Windows 2000 Sp4

well i havent read anywhere that this has bad stuff in it, however would like to know what you guys think about it. Since SP4 is software i posted it here, however feel free to move it.

*edited due to request plz click link in next post*
    I am Member No. : 193 <--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    that list was longer but the board cut some of it off

for conplete list go here
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327194

with all that crap in there was wondering if it is safe to dl sp4 with the version of win2k that EVERYONE has.

Dont wanna dl a file that locks me out and tells me to contact ms if i want back in like in the one for xp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by dragon_son@27 June 2003 - 05:46
    for conplete list go here
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327194
    Please... don't post a list like that again. A link works fine, and doesn't force people to scroll 20 times. Besides, anyone who cares already knows where to find the bug fixes.

I'm running XP, but had been thinking about going back to Win2k... I don't see how this could screw up an existing install (although I realize that it's still possible), but it's always good to let other people be the guinea pigs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ok one final time of asking and then i am off to dl the sp4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    You may find some minor annoyances built into the new SP4 like warnings about nasty things replacing windows files and making it unstable. Big mistake on MS part or a push to use server 2003 or XP maybe but an annoyance any way.
    Aside from that, it actually seems to connect and run a bit faster. Too early to really tell.