Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aww Shit

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90403,00.html

see for urself, issued on thursday 26th

looks like its gonna happen

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    yes I knew this sotry beofre anyone on this forum form my sister coz whe works with the paper and who gives a f.....> why are so many people paranoid whats different about before??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@27 June 2003 - 07:13
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90403,00.html

see for urself, issued on thursday 26th

looks like its gonna happen
    is it just me or have you quoted YOURSELF in your sig?

I dont think much will come of this - how can they sue millions of people - hundreads of millions of people? aint gonna happen

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    im not paraniod bout it, it just seems weird

the thing said that there gonna go for the ones wit highest mp3s

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by adthomp@27 June 2003 - 07:36
    yes I knew this sotry beofre anyone on this forum form
    I wish i knew things before you did thompers, you make me feel inferior.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    yeah it helps when u have a sister who works with the media

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@27 June 2003 - 00:37
    ....I dont think much will come of this - how can they sue millions of people - hundreads of millions of people? aint gonna happen....
    Maybe not in the hundreds of millions, but surely in the hundreds, then possibly in the thousands. I know first hand in my home town, that Verizon released the name of one guy for sharing over 600 mp3's. Verizon is my ISP also. Fortunately, I haven't been sharing for a VERY long time.
    If there is easy money to be made by suing, then they'll do it. Got some greedy laywers backing them up.

(How ironic, the RIAA is suing its potential music customers)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Spindulik@27 June 2003 - 10:19

Maybe not in the hundreds of millions, but surely in the hundreds, then possibly in the thousands. I know first hand in my home town, that Verizon released the name of one guy for sharing over 600 mp3's. Verizon is my ISP also. Fortunately, I haven't been sharing for a VERY long time.
    If there is easy money to be made by suing, then they'll do it. Got some greedy laywers backing them up.

(How ironic, the RIAA is suing its potential music customers)
    Thats s*it man.....

But how can they have enough money to start filing lawsuit after lawsuit, into the thousands !?

And then stretch it to outside America - it just isnt possible - with the growth of the internet virtually everyone uses it now for downloading music and movies.

Whats next then - the Movies association starts sueing everyone?

I just cant see it happening properly....or maybe i am just hoping it wont happen.....

Anyway I hope the b*stards dont get any of you in the US, or anywhere else.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@27 June 2003 - 03:23
    But how can they have enough money to start filing lawsuit after lawsuit, into the thousands !?

And then stretch it to outside America...
    They got the money now (from all the sales of the music, I assume. Maybe pre-internet cash). It will be a snowball effect. Anyhow, the money from the first few hundred will backup suing the next few hundred, then thousand.

They'll do it. They are in too deep now to give up now.

Then the movie industry will immediately follow, at the expense of the music industry.

Then other countries will learn then "ropes' of the USA laws and follow through.

etc..
    etc...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Spindulik@27 June 2003 - 05:09

They got the money now (from all the sales of the music, I assume. Maybe pre-internet cash). It will be a snowball effect. Anyhow, the money from the first few hundred will backup suing the next few hundred, then thousand.

They'll do it. They are in too deep now to give up now.

This isn't about money!
    It's about control.

They can sue all the filesharers they want ( and maybe even win), but they'll never see a penny of the fines. How many 18 year olds have a couple of million dollars laying around?
    Look at what happened to the four college students they sued a couple of months ago- they were suing for millions and settled for a couple of thousand.

The industry has lost the control of music that they enjoyed ( and exploited) for decades.
    Big acts ( i.e. The Eagles) are bypassing the major companies to form their own.
    Bands like Phish encourage their fans to share live bootlegs, going so far as to provide good soundboard copies online.
    Bands are starting to realize that they can bypass the Industry and deal directly with their fanbase- thus cutting off the middleman.
    A small band can produce their own CDs, sell them direct over the Internet and turn a profit on far fewer sales than if they had to support the bloat/excess that is the music industry today.

This latest attack by the RIAA has less to do with the rights of the poor starving artist than it does with maintaining the lifestyle of the corporate execs.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast