View Poll Results: Do You want a New WIAW based on content,speed and rarity?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Lets Do it!!!

134 65.37%
  • Nah... Dont Bother...

71 34.63%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New WIAW based on content?

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    WIAW & WTIB (Which Tracker Is Best)

Then Break them down:

General (Demonoid, Pisexy)
    0Day (ScT, FTN, TL)
    Commuinity (FSC, FTWR)
    Music (Oink, TT, TR)
    DVDR (SweDVDR, TDC, KG)
    TV (BitMETV)
    Learning (Oink, Bitme)

etc, etc.

Then the rating first, with a rarity second, so that the chances of getting such a tracker are easily seen alongside the content rating.

One thing is for sure, it isn't going to be easy to change the established view.

But it will point out a range of trackers for particular groupings easily enough to suggest there is more than one alternative to what you might be looking for?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @p1r4t3 you win a prize for a fantastic suggestion

I think a new thread where rarity doesn't come into it is a great idea. It could prove useful for non-traders. And most importantly provide a bit of balance so people get a real idea of what a tracker is worth. in that way maybe we wouldn't see so many noobs having their view distorted by ratings designed for collectors/traders/addicts.

I also think it may help cool the trading down a bit because at least a few folks will realise they can be happy with what they've got thus improving the reputation of FST generally

And judging from some of the comments already many traders are scoffing at the idea. But what you don't realise is a trackers worth boils down to speed, content, and community. not how rare it is

I would also like to support the suggestion that the thread be broken down into categories as proposed by SgtMajor though I think a separate thread is better than combining it with the current WIAW.
    Last edited by sear; 08-06-2007 at 04:10 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    snowprince's Avatar Animation Collector
    I think it's definitely a good idea. This crap trading business has given unnecessary importance to some over hyped trackers. We need to clear it up, and give dues to those who deserve

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    metal maniac's Avatar ThrashSpeedDeath\m/ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I agree with this. This new system sounds better to me. Rate trackers on there speed and content not by how hard it is to get invites or just dump the whole WIAW thread completely.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    amirji's Avatar One HiTTa QuiTa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Tracker levels, or importance, would be changing on a daily basis. A system based on speed and content would require updates everyday/week/even mth. Not to avoid updates and changes, this is where Rarity would come in no?

I see rarity in relation to content access, speed not much of an issue, but what can I get now, or in the next hour, what I request, and who can get it for me.

Comment on starting a new thread just for new users, and to avoid traders-
    Traders have been around since the first trade, it's here to stay, not that I support it. As matter of fact, I hate it. I would shoot it. n00bz would have to learn on their own, as I did, pretty positive you did. If it means a ban, then a must, but never forever unless circumstances are more severe.
    Last edited by amirji; 08-06-2007 at 04:36 AM.
    "F*** the B**** A** Haters"

"You Know Who You Are, Punks"

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by amirji View Post
    Comment on starting a new thread just for new users, and to avoid traders-
    Traders have been around since the first trade, it's here to stay, not that I support it. As matter of fact, I hate it. I would shoot it. n00bz would have to learn on their own, as I did, pretty positive you did. If it means a ban, then a must, but never forever unless circumstances are more severe.
    You make valid points however I'd just like to say that I agree that trading is never going to stop which is why it's allowed on FST but a new ranking system could help make the BT Invites section a little more non trader friendly. And might attract more non traders to the section...which can only be a good thing.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I agree with you and I've said that before, but I couldn't continue my sacred mission, because of rarity-guys, who violently attacked me.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    @Presto, don't worry your not alone...in fact you help make my point that it would be nice for the section to have a better balance of traders/non-traders.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    amirji's Avatar One HiTTa QuiTa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    @Presto, don't worry your not alone...in fact you help make my point that it would be nice for the section to have a better balance of traders/non-traders.
    Absolutely Presto, no reason to take personally. I know I am a bigger person than that, in fact I am certain, but what's wrong with a joke, or a little fun?
    "F*** the B**** A** Haters"

"You Know Who You Are, Punks"

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    What is the point of this thread again ? It doesn't matter what the outcome is , nothing will change. Is it really that hard to get that the peak of trading is having the most exclusive and rarest trackers ? Really , it was said so many times that a 5 year old retarded, deaf and blind child would understand until now. Look in real life, lets say an expensive super-car. If there are only lets say 20 manufactured cars on the planet , wouldn't a super high price and a waiting list of 5 years make sense ? Even if that car runs at 100 km/h tops and is not even fun to drive. Thats it with trackers. If only a few memebers own a tracker and is very old ,you can't even get a picture of it ,because it is so private, now most people would make of having that tracker a goal. And i don't think someone would stay and make a new ranking from scratch just so that n00b's can see and stop asking for free U*-T in day one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast