View Poll Results: Do You want a New WIAW based on content,speed and rarity?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Lets Do it!!!

134 65.37%
  • Nah... Dont Bother...

71 34.63%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New WIAW based on content?

nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    theres no point in makign another thread, the existing one already has the content rating. changing the system to be ordered by content is stupid because youre forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    n00b BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    ^(to dragos) You really make me believe, that we are bargaining gold.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @ dragos and nihility,

as has already been stated it's not about trading. It would be a tool for those of us who don't trade. I'm sure no one is going to take away your precious WIAW thread. why are you so hostile about something that won't even effect you if you don't want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by nihility
    you're forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.
    we're not forgetting anything the whole point of the new system is that it would be for non-traders.

Quote Originally Posted by dragos
    Is it really that hard to get that the peak of trading is having the most exclusive and rarest trackers ? Really , it was said so many times that a 5 year old retarded, deaf and blind child would understand until now.
    is it really that hard to understand that it's not about trading and that not everyone wants to "get to the peak of trading" and that there is more to FST and BT than trading invites and putting the security and safety of the whole community at risk.
    Last edited by sear; 08-06-2007 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling error

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Tl#1

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I think that this is a very good idea. Torrent sites are not for making big trades with them. Torrent is made for the content. And i don't care, if UK-T is on lvl10, if i could, i wouldn't trade a TL, an nCore or an OiNK for it, because it hasn't got the content i need. That WIAW list is for traders, who even don't want to d/l a film or listen to music. These traders pay for seedboxes, have UK-T, EXIGO, FTN, ScT, and WHY? What are they doin' with them? I think they doin nothing, they have TRADE addiction

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    theres no point in makign another thread, the existing one already has the content rating. changing the system to be ordered by content is stupid because youre forgetting that you get invites on TL every month, but other sites you have to work alot harder and upload alot to get 1 invite, just because TL has more content doesnt mean people will trade alot for it.
    You are talking like invites are just for trading. Fuck trading. Lets start sharing more and the whole idea of the new system is to rate trackers for what they are really worth not for trading purposes like they are rated now.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    You are talking like invites are just for trading. Fuck trading. Lets start sharing more and the whole idea of the new system is to rate trackers for what they are really worth not for trading purposes like they are rated now.
    i dont like trading, but if high level tracker invites were given to just anybody on this site, it would let alot of noobs into sites they shouldnt be on. at least when they need to trade to get them theyre maybe a bit more experienced and arent gona cheat/leech

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i dont like trading, but if high level tracker invites were given to just anybody on this site, it would let alot of noobs into sites they shouldnt be on. at least when they need to trade to get them theyre maybe a bit more experienced and arent gona cheat/leech
    Actually you are wrong. Changing the rating to reflect content/speed/pre etc would not change the way invites are given on the tracker and should not change how people choose their invitees. It would stop a lot of trading though because people could not longer use the good all frase. Have level 10, need this and this and this and that. People would actually see what each tracker is really worth. Also those that think that some trackers that have crappy content but have great communities and believe that just because of that they need to be rated high, well they still won't tarde the invites. I doubt that many users of UKT or FTWR or Exigo trade anyways. So they really should not be worried about n00bs getting into the tracker and cheating because they do decide who they invite and no matter what you are responsible for your invitees.

In fact when trading there is a lot more risk of getting cheaters and bad members into the tracker. All I have to say is that no matter how a tracker is rated you are responsible for who you invite. That's why I choose people careful when inviting them and I don't care about the level. Just because it's rated level 2 or 5 or 8 I won't just invite anyone. I'm against trading because number one, people use the rarity rating system for trading purposes and number 2 because you can't be sure of who you are inviting or whp you are trading with and you could be trading with cheaters and people that will get disabled anyways.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Changing the rating to reflect content/speed/pre etc would not change the way invites are given on the tracker and should not change how people choose their invitees.
    yeah good point, i know someone still wouldnt trade an ftn for a tl even if they were on teh same 'level' because you should trust people you invite to ftn better because of how hard it is to get invites.
    maybe they should be sorted by type then?
    like a list of all the 0day, music etc, then a rating next to them based on content so you can compare them to similar trackers?
    i think thatd make more sense than sorting them by content rating all in 1 category,
    if that makes sense haha

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    I'm Back Everyone :) BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I say no list at all!!

But if there is a list, make it by content, not rariry.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast