Thread: Utorrent RSS Feed problem on Linux seedbox

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hi,

I'm having problem configuring Utorrent RSS Downloader on my linux seedbox (Fedora Core) with BitmeTV

I'm running utorrent 1.6.1 under wine-09.39

I configure the RSS Feed with Azureus but it doesn't run well under linux at all, i have lots of error and memore leaks so i decided to use utorrent, which i prefer anyway.

I'm entering this type of string:

http://www.bitmetv.org/rss.php?feed=...XXXX;pass=XXXX

the same string works well on my windows system but on my seedbox, i can get the rss content, but when i click on the torrent to add from it, i always get invalid torrent file error.

Anyone can help and/or suggest other RSS solution i can use

Thx!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There was disscusion about that in the bitmetv forums. Just search for "rss feed" in the search tab. tread name is "BitMeTV RSS Feed with utorrent" and read last pages.
    It seems that there is an RSS issue while running utorrent under wine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah i saw that but didn't get much help there

is there any third-party program i can use to download from rss feed on linux?

i know i can configure utorrent to check for new torrents in a specific folder to start automatically the downloads so this part would be ok

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    yeah i saw that but didn't get much help there

is there any third-party program i can use to download from rss feed on linux?

i know i can configure utorrent to check for new torrents in a specific folder to start automatically the downloads so this part would be ok
    There is a php script at bmtv forums to download torrents to specific folder. Topic is called "RSS with rTorrent" I believe.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thx!