Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Is Old News

Poster
    Hi Guys

Just thought i would post a little message about how crap kazaa is turning into. The majority of new material these days cannot be sourced on kazaa. I am sure everyone has come across the dreaded ''NEED MORE SOURCES'' at sometime or other. Am i the only one it annoys. Kazaa is gonna need a dramtic turn around or it will be left behind like napster and other.

bittorent and irc seem the only way forward for file sharing these days

just my opinion i am sure some of you will disagree

cheers

andy

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by andy257@27 June 2003 - 14:21
    Kazaa is gonna need a dramtic turn around or it will be left behind like napster and other.
    It's sh1t Andy let's not kid ourselves, it had it's day, it's just those 4 million users of Kazaa have yet to realise this.

Now I use a mixture of irc, BT, soulseek and emule..although I havn't been on soulseek latley, but it's always nice to have an alternative. Yes I know emule is slow, (or just plain unworkable for some folk) but reliable..at least for me!

Kazaa does serve a purpose, it's 'usually' the first P2P app that most people who are novices to all this P2P malarky try, and due to it's popularity, it's now snowballing, hence the massive user base...

It was cos I was trying to get CD images from kazaa (back in the day) before I realised what a complete load of pants it really was, it's mincing error correction is only good for MP3's and movies, and even then it's a bit suspect.

Trying to download .BIN files was near impossible or takes 5 times as long as I had to keep downloading the same file again and again...till I get one thats relativley error free. Well screw that!

I think BT or some similar app is the future of filesharing, although BT sites seem to get hammered (dos attacks) very frequently, as the RIAA and their band of gypos start using underhand tactics, to knock sites like suprnova off line.

Anyway, I digress...just to say I was in complete agreement with you, as I'm sure there are a few members of this board who no longer use Kazaa at all.

Peace

C S

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Kazaa Lite had its day, and now its slowly dying. I am in a raging argument with several people over on the file sharing board who'd love to have my head for saying so, but the simple fact is that Fast Track from the beginning didn't work too well, and now that the RIAA is scaring off users, the death knell is approaching.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    well the RIAA is going to sue "thousands" of users

so i'm getting familiar w/ es5.

of course kazaa is going to tank, all great things do.

(well it wasn't so great, but the idea was there)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    There are 3 links in my sig below that say the same.
    I loved you long time, but...
    KaZaa Farewell.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Kazaa Is Old News, bittornet and irc are the new daddies
    ok for bittorrent, its new, but IRC?? thats not new...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ugluk@29 June 2003 - 07:47
    Kazaa Is Old News, bittornet and irc are the new daddies
    ok for bittorrent, its new, but IRC?? thats not new...
    Agreed. IRC is for old school traders. Its not even a filesharing program, just a community of chatters who share files.
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I certainly hope Kazaa-lite doesn't tank. For my computer, it's the fastest file-sharing program I have. Even bittorrent is slow as dirt on my machine. Too bad RIAA is running everyone off.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Darkshade@29 June 2003 - 18:47
    I certainly hope Kazaa-lite doesn't tank. For my computer, it's the fastest file-sharing program I have. Even bittorrent is slow as dirt on my machine. Too bad RIAA is running everyone off.
    You should try the original method of filesharing --> Newsgroups

I get a CONSTANT 74Kbs (Max speed) for the duration of the download.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    andi where u get ur avitar/video thing under ur name from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast