Thread: Hulk Leeker Caught

Poster
    i dnt realy know if this should be posted here, but its the best place i could think of.

The man who leaked the Hulk out onto the internet, has been caught, is this true ? ive only heard it from some1 else but im a bit worried.... lol

apparently hes been given 3 years in jail, and fined 200,000 dollars.

can ne1 tell me if ths is true ??

ty Ham

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Apparently he has pleaded gulity and faces up to 3 years in jail plus a $250,000 fine.
    story
    There's a report at the bottom of the page I've linked.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I found this article on a torrent site:

A New Jersey man learned that the hard way Wednesday, and faces up to three years in prison and $250,000 in fine after pleading guilty to distributing a pirated copy of "The Hulk," the tale of wayward scientist who turns into a machinery-smashing monster whenever he gets mad.

Kerry Gonzalez of Hamilton, N.J., pled guilty to felony copyright infringement charges in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's office.

About two weeks before the movie's public premier on June 20, Gonzalez obtained a videotape of an advance "work print" of the movie from a friend who worked at an advertising agency connected with the film, according to the complaint filed by U.S. Attorney James Comey. Gonzalez copied the movie to his home computer and used software tools to defeat security protections embedded in the movie to prevent unauthorized duplication.

Gonzalez had a satisfactory digital copy by June 6, according to the complaint, and began sharing it with fellow film buffs who frequented an Internet chat room devoted to bootleg movies.

Bootleg copies of major films, such as "The Matrix Reloaded," often begin circulating on the Internet before the movie hits theaters.
    I also read somewhere that when asked what he thought of the movie he replied, "I havent seen it yet."

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    it's not on the front page of that site anymore, so here's a link to the original source of the story-- http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-1021005.html

and i gotta say... DAMN, THAT SUX.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@28 June 2003 - 11:48
    and i gotta say... DAMN, THAT SUX.
    True but he did break the law in a big way. What he did and what we do by d/ling material like this is illegal. We can dress it up how we want and make excuses for it but at the end of the day we are criminals.
    And I'm fuckin' proud of it too!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    no disagreement here.

though you might wanna be careful about whom you express that pride to, or you might end up doing some jail time like that guy.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@28 June 2003 - 12:16
    no disagreement here.

though you might wanna be careful about whom you express that pride to, or you might end up doing some jail time like that guy. 
    I hope not otherwise I wont be accepted for the Metropolitan Police force when I apply in September.

I dont think there to hot on the uptake when it comes to internet piracy over here in the UK at the moment.........

*at least I hope not*

8. Movies & TV   -   #8

Gonzalez copied the movie to his home computer and used software tools to defeat security protections embedded in the movie to prevent unauthorized duplication
    Erm, that makes it sound realllly hard, as opposed to putting black bars here and there when encoding!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by macman@28 June 2003 - 13:44

Gonzalez copied the movie to his home computer and used software tools to defeat security protections embedded in the movie to prevent unauthorized duplication
    Erm, that makes it sound realllly hard, as opposed to putting black bars here and there when encoding!
    The're probaly geeting confused with VHS macrovision which I think is only affected on VHS to VHS dubbing.
    As for the black bars-thank f**k for vdub!!! (did'nt save his ass though....)

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    wish i knew what jail he is in i would send him sum smokes and candy for getting us the hulk...