Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Bonds: new home run king

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Samaritan View Post
    I think all the cynicism is well founded. Every time I hear Bond's denials about using steroids, I think about Rafael Palmeiro. Even the players admit that steroids have changed the game. What's the point of breaking records if the players are just going to cheat.
    There is something to note unrelated to steroids though.

The game has changed based on advances in sports medicine and workout regimens.

Now the use of steroids is a newer type of cheating in baseball but cheating in baseball is not new at all.

Juiced balls, greenies, etc have in the game since way back.

A player amped up of amphetamines is still cheating.

The only reason steroids is getting attention is because of the Home Run record, of course.

I always said that Bonds would be a fool to take steroids now. Some are pissed at him I always thought they put some shit in his food and then in some "inside info" for him to get tested.

Then we'd hear. "See I told you so".

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Poster
    Steroids in baseball started getting a lot more attention with Jose Canseco's book "Juiced".

As for cheating in baseball, I agree it's always been there in the game.
    I just think that today's steroids take cheating to a whole different level. A level Hank Aaron could never of have reached in his era of baseball, even if he wanted to cheat.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Samaritan View Post
    Steroids in baseball started getting a lot more attention with Jose Canseco's book "Juiced".

As for cheating in baseball, I agree it's always been there in the game.
    I just think that today's steroids take cheating to a whole different level. A level Hank Aaron could never of have reached in his era of baseball, even if he wanted to cheat.
    I'm sorry, I just don't...understand that.

Or something.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123