Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds: new home run king

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

No.

Canseco admitted using steroids for just about his whole career.

Bonds was a hall of famer well before the steroid era.

His HR has now solidified it....absent a positive test.

If they were to somehow get Bonds absent and admission or positive drug test, it will be one of biggest pieces of bullshit I have ever seen in sports.

Also I never heard of talk of asterisks for Canseco.

He, Bonds, Soriano, A-Rod, are the only ones part of the 40-40 Club.

I never heard calls for Canseco to be wiped from record and he admitted....so wtf?
    Find for me a post in which I've advocated asterisks or erasures for anyone at all.

On the other hand, I have no trouble whatsoever with a scenario wherein Bonds resides at the top of the all-time home-run list, but is looked upon by the majority as a cheater.

We see instances ad nauseum in society today of this "It's never been proven" bullshit; it's about time people started to get the idea that telling the truth is not the same thing as making sure no one can prove you've lied.

Of course, you may think otherwise...

BTW-

As to the issue of Canseco, a quick re-read of my post (along with a bit of actual thought on your part) should reveal my recognition of Bonds' superiority to Canseco as an athlete, steriods aside.

This phrase - "and holds that title on the strength of his natural talent and baseball sense." is the giveaway, I should think...
    First off saying, "On point, that" kinda puts you in the spot of condoning the asterisk.

Second off, you need to read then. I said Canseco admitted to using his whole career. It is assumed that Bonds, if he ever did it, didn't do it his whole career. If Bonds even admits to doing steroids when he hit 73 that still doesn't put him in league with Canseco.

Think next time look back at your own posts then read mine and use a bit of actual thought next time.

I sincerely hope you don't talk like this IRL. It's fucking creepy.

On point, that.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I wanna see someone pull down his pants in public and show off his tiny steroid shrunken cock.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    I wanna see someone pull down his pants in public and show off his tiny steroid shrunken cock.
    FYI

Steroids make a person's balls shrink.

It's because they aren't utilized as much.

Just an FYI and whatnot.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    He'll get 800 in 2 season, and I bet he'll be doing it in a Giants uniform.

Bond = GOAT in the steroids era
    No Whining

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    A-Rod will someday be the All-Time HR King. He's only 32 years old right now and he already hit 500 HRs. "IF" he stays healthy, A-Rod will break alot of records. I could careless about Bonds.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    A-Rod will someday be the All-Time HR King. He's only 32 years old right now and he already hit 500 HRs. "IF" he stays healthy, A-Rod will break alot of records. I could careless about Bonds.
    Yup, Ken Griffey Jr. would have been the home run king had he been healthy.

Maybe he should have roided up for his recoveries.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard20 View Post
    Yup, Ken Griffey Jr. would have been the home run king had he been healthy.

Maybe he should have roided up for his recoveries.
    Oh, the cynicism.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    Poster
    I think all the cynicism is well founded. Every time I hear Bond's denials about using steroids, I think about Rafael Palmeiro. Even the players admit that steroids have changed the game. What's the point of breaking records if the players are just going to cheat.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Samaritan View Post
    I think all the cynicism is well founded. Every time I hear Bond's denials about using steroids, I think about Rafael Palmeiro. Even the players admit that steroids have changed the game. What's the point of breaking records if the players are just going to cheat.
    Kinda makes quibbling about corked bats and excess pine tar sound a bit silly, eh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Shrunken Cocks!

Tiny Balls!

Corked Bats!

What the hell is going on in here?

PS...A-Rod will surpass Bonds if healthy. It is a shame Jr. didn't stay healthy.
    Jr. was hurt again last night vs the Cubs. Groin,I think.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast