Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Halflife

  1. #1
    I just got counterstrike, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have windows xp. Halflife isn't compatible with this version of windows is it?

  2. Games   -   #2
    omg i wasted a full week trying to get counterstrike to work online.
    it was such a joke, i tried to get it off kazaa(2 different ones) and even the retail copy off my friend. Valve seriously screwed up the cd key validation

    i got hf to work on winxp though, just right click the .exe, compatiablity tab, and set to win98.


    btw for an awsome online fps go for ut or ut2003 they are way better than cs.

  3. Games   -   #3
    Well you do know you have to BUY halflife, because you aint gonna be playin shit with a CD Key you found on the net. The system Valve got is the best thing for games.

  4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by shark@29 June 2003 - 07:14
    Well you do know you have to BUY halflife, because you aint gonna be playin shit with a CD Key you found on the net. The system Valve got is the best thing for games.
    their system is only "the best" (actually, pretty much the same as every other developers) if you feel it's right to charge such a premium for software.

    i have got a legal copy of half life before you go moaning about piracy. however, i feel that games like unreal tournament, vietcong and red faction (which don't need a valid serial key to work online) are a viable alternative to the valid-key-online-for-online-play situation

  5. Games   -   #5
    Paying $20 aint much for such a good game. Remember all the mods too? I seriously didn't care about having to pay for it. Valve has done the right thing with the CD Key Validation system IMO. It also cuts out cheaters which alot of games suffer from.

  6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by shark@29 June 2003 - 07:36
    Paying $20 aint much for such a good game. Remember all the mods too? I seriously didn't care about having to pay for it. Valve has done the right thing with the CD Key Validation system IMO. It also cuts out cheaters which alot of games suffer from.
    in the uk (where i am currently), new pc games are usually either 29.99 or 34.99 (approx $47 or $55 respectively).
    this is quite a big difference form $20

    of course, half life isn't a new game, so it's generally available for approx 20, but it's still quite a bit of money when you're used to free things...

    plus of course, we're paying through the nose for petrol....0.82 ($1.31) per litre

  7. Games   -   #7
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    Just get a key from some1 that got original cd key


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

  8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@29 June 2003 - 07:40
    Just get a key from some1 that got original cd key
    Yeah but what if they decide to start playin again?

    Your fux0red right between the arse cheeks then

  9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,294
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+28 June 2003 - 23:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 28 June 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shark@29 June 2003 - 07:36
    Paying &#036;20 aint much for such a good game. Remember all the mods too? I seriously didn&#39;t care about having to pay for it. Valve has done the right thing with the CD Key Validation system IMO. It also cuts out cheaters which alot of games suffer from.
    in the uk (where i am currently), new pc games are usually either 29.99 or 34.99 (approx &#036;47 or &#036;55 respectively).
    this is quite a big difference form &#036;20

    of course, half life isn&#39;t a new game, so it&#39;s generally available for approx 20, but it&#39;s still quite a bit of money when you&#39;re used to free things...

    plus of course, we&#39;re paying through the nose for petrol....0.82 (&#036;1.31) per litre [/b][/quote]
    blah blah blah shut up and stop complaing the quality to an object is how much u had to give for it. in ur case u got it for free so what do u expect. use common sense and think to yourself "is this an intelligent post" if u come to the conslusion that it is put urself in a mental hospital cuz u really are retarded.

  10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Pitbul+29 June 2003 - 14:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 29 June 2003 - 14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@28 June 2003 - 23:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-shark
    @29 June 2003 - 07:36
    Paying &#036;20 aint much for such a good game. Remember all the mods too? I seriously didn&#39;t care about having to pay for it. Valve has done the right thing with the CD Key Validation system IMO. It also cuts out cheaters which alot of games suffer from.

    in the uk (where i am currently), new pc games are usually either 29.99 or 34.99 (approx &#036;47 or &#036;55 respectively).
    this is quite a big difference form &#036;20

    of course, half life isn&#39;t a new game, so it&#39;s generally available for approx 20, but it&#39;s still quite a bit of money when you&#39;re used to free things...

    plus of course, we&#39;re paying through the nose for petrol....0.82 (&#036;1.31) per litre
    blah blah blah shut up and stop complaing the quality to an object is how much u had to give for it. in ur case u got it for free so what do u expect. use common sense and think to yourself "is this an intelligent post" if u come to the conslusion that it is put urself in a mental hospital cuz u really are retarded. [/b][/quote]
    are you calling me retarded?
    i&#39;m a little confused

    if you are, then you should look again and see that i did actually buy the real copy of the game...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •