Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Trying To Do Mods Jobs

Poster
    Okay, it's not just this forum. You've probably noticed it too. What's the deal with regular members (who may or may not have been on a forum for a long time) doing the jobs of the moderators? Members say things like "hey, that's the wrong forum", "stop spamming", etc. What is it? Don't you think the moderators can do a good enough job? In general, moderators do a great job and I don't think they need the extra help. Opinions?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    These two threads need merged - get a MOD

3. Lounge   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    There are a number of &#39;regular members&#39; as you call them, that have been here a while and know the rights and wrongs of posting on this board and if they feel that they can &#39;guide&#39; or &#39;advise&#39; then I think they should go ahead. They have helped a number of users and topics in the past without having to bother the mods. However if you (the general you not fluffy bunny) feel that they are out of line then you have the chance to say so as the &#39;regular members&#39; do not have the power to edit your posts or lock the topic. There are only a limited number of mods and they can only be on at certain times and while I agree they do a good job I am sure that they don&#39;t mind getting a hand from time to time.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I&#39;m sure the Mods don&#39;t mind that little bit of extra help, y&#39;know?

Just my opinion tho.....

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    I hate people who do that if they are so bothered they should ask a mod to move it merge it delete it ect.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy@28 June 2003 - 17:56
    I hate people who do that if they are so bothered they should ask a mod to move it merge it delete it ect.
    I did.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Not you just them in particular.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@28 June 2003 - 16:24
    There are only a limited number of mods and they can only be on at certain times and while I agree they do a good job I am sure that they don&#39;t mind getting a hand from time to time.
    hear hear.

/and big raspberries to anyone who says different&#33; i think the mods do a great job, and they all derserve a round of applause&#33;
    they cant be everywhere all the time, and the more the merrier in my opinion.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

9. Lounge   -   #9
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Little bit of help here and there doesnt go amiss im sure &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

If its new members that dont know about posting in specific parts of the forum, its quite silly to think that as bad - it can only be seen as good. The quicker people realise then the better, no?
    Mod&#39;s cant be around checking everything all at once, so if people are telling them the right thing to do, i see no problem with it &#33;&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    I find this topic upsetting - please delete&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast