Thread: Demonoid Errors?

Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hello all..

Recently I checked my Demonoid account and noticed a little problem. I was looking at my ratio and it was WAY off. My profile is showing me that I've downloaded way more than I actually have, and my upload is nowhere near the number it should be.

I've been checking my status for nearly 2 weeks now and for the longest time it showed me as 0 UP / 0 DL and 0.0 Ratio. Now it's just completely screwed up!

I'm going to do some more digging but I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem? I'm sure the staff at Demonoid is busy and all but I'd really appreciate my stuff being up-to-date and correct for various reasons, ya know!

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rockin to the beat BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Do you have DHT enabled? With most private trackers it will screw up your ratio! Are you downloading non demonoid torrents?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    And any external torrents are not reportedl.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Could be any of the reasons above but Demonoid is notorious for having crappy untrustworthy stats. But don't worry as it's almost a public tracker and no one gets banned for bad ratio, not that I've heard of anyway. If you want to use the ratio for giveaways it's almost worthless because it's easy cheat so people don't trust it.
    Last edited by sear; 08-10-2007 at 02:55 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    There are post after post in the demonoid forums about ratio issues.

http://fora.demonoid.com/index.php

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    dont worry about demonoid ratios... its hardly a bother

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post
    dont worry about demonoid ratios... its hardly a bother
    I agree. Just seed and don't care what the site says your ratio is. I says I have a ratio of .3, but I know it's well above 1. Just be a seed, that's all that matters.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I find that where bittorrent is concerned u need to have a clear conscience... Like u need to seed the files so that others can share the same from you what you have taken from others.

In public trackers many people cap their upload speeds and do not seed and quit as soon as they get the torrent. thats bad.. the life of the torrent is seriously affected.

though private trackers enforce the rule of seeding to a specific ratio, here too u need to have a clear conscience, because people without that cheat and do not seed.

I have a clear conscience, and so I dont bother

In the end it comes back to whether what you are and if you are sincere about what you do. If you KNOW u seeded,and shared theres nothing that should bother you

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Thanks for the responses.

I am a member of a few BitTorrent sites, but as of late I've only been using Demonoid. I'm not using anything other than my Azureus and I know I've seeded over 27G on the site. Maybe I'm just picky and enjoy looking at actual stats but as long as they correct themselves at some point I'll be happy.

Thanks again!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    i think you should not care about ratio in Demonoid.. but it is really bad news that your ratio was removed.. i heard that a lot of people have some problems with ratio in Demonoid..