Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Update And Resuming Downloads

Originally posted by brotherdoobie+29 June 2003 - 17:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brotherdoobie @ 29 June 2003 - 17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balamm@29 June 2003 - 11:32
    DVD PIRATE
    r-e-a-d-i-n-g c-o-m-p-r-e-h-e-n-s-i-o-n 1-0-1

lesson #1

say it slowly and clearly.......
    Some people will never see what is right in front of there faces......lol
    and if they do......they don&#39;t comprehend it......because there to busy trying
    to argue.

P.S. nice tip&#33;
    Peace brotherdoobie B) [/b][/quote]
    wot part of arguing do u think im on about...? any moron in there right mind knows wots happening...Windows update does not detect that the update is installed so it proceeds to install it,then it finds that its benn d/loaded and is sitting in the "update temp directory"...so while your seeing it "d/load" on the microsoft screen at blistering speeds...lol..... it really isnt

hey DJ NEo , u wanna swap a sheep for a kangaroo?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by DJ_Neo_AU@1 July 2003 - 14:49
    Balamm....... It is general knowledge to alot of users that a temp folder is created when using the Microshite update feature and when interrupted gives the user, after resuming the download, the impression that it is indeed quicker. But thankyou for the tip.

At some point I didnt have this knowleadge and must of sourced it from somewhere&#33; Some people will find this information useful. As for those people who make comment with a "I know it all" attitude..........just ignore them my friend. They dont have a life, most of the time dont know as much as they claim and are probably only responding to increase posting figures to climb the BS posting ladder.

I admit that I&#39;m new to this forum and some might argue that I dont have place to comment but Ive been involved with forums b4 and believe peeps should be given a fair go.

(No offense intended towards those who take these forums seriously).
    i see what ya saying dj neo ,,,but why give out info if you are wrong by not knowing the full facts...seems like the blind leading the blind here

no offense intended Balamm

im the sort of person who speaks my mind and doesnt hide behind my computer screen . ya dont like it dont get online cause its a big bad world out there and your gonna come across it a lot.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Pirate III yeah its a big bad world......with less arrogant people in it would make it a better place. Oh and the the facts? You should consider doing more research as you have very little knowledge&#33;

OMG youre from New Zealand............that explains alot&#33; lmfao

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    A windows Glitch not really but that cool

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    For those who missed the point, it was stated clearly that it appeared they were downloading at an amazing speed. That wasn&#39;t the point.
    My question(and this was originally in questions) is why in all this time, if MS has the technology(and we see they do), why have they not made this possible for every download that goes through the system? They can swallow up companies like Connectix Virtual PC and others, but they can&#39;t integrate a decent download manager?
    I don&#39;t belive it.
    Someone, somewhere, must be benefitting from this decision but I don&#39;t see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12