Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Favourite Xp Theme.

Retired
    I use CrystalBlue

You don't really need Style XP from TGTSoft to use Visual Styles other than Windows XP (Luna), all you need is the freeware UXTHEME.DLL patcher and you're ready to go! I have tested all of the following methods with success on several different systems, but in some rare cases the Automatic Patching method may not work.

http://www.lightstar1.com/install.htm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I use CrystalBlue
    Hi {I}{K}{E}. I used to use that same theme. Now though, i find it so chunky compared to those with the thin taskbar, such as b0seclass. Did you check it out mate? If so, what did you think of it?

yxuz. Let us know if you still have problems. Make sure that you install your themes to C:Windows>Resources>Themes.

Any one else have a recommendation?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I use the deep blue longhorn mixed with spectra background and fading effects. Very simple, yet cool and easy on the eyes (not freaking bright).

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by liquidacid@1 July 2003 - 20:51
    I use CrystalBlue
    Hi {I}{K}{E}. I used to use that same theme. Now though, i find it so chunky compared to those with the thin taskbar, such as b0seclass. Did you check it out mate? If so, what did you think of it?

yxuz. Let us know if you still have problems. Make sure that you install your themes to C:Windows>Resources>Themes.

Any one else have a recommendation?
    Hey liquid where did you get that theme called b0seclass your using I did a earch for it in style and no luck...

Never mind.. like an idiot I found it after I posted...
    this is the 1 im using http://www.lightstar1.com/themes/images/darkrealm/DR_

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    thats a dead link...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    windowblinds sucks ROYALY!! its to unstable and slow, styleXP is the best! stable smooth and not slow. you should try "chrome" now thats nice and classy and very streamlined not big and bulky.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    I'm currently using MSN6i over @ themexp.com with the Plex V4 Longhorn sidebar. I LOVE IT!! It's really clean and goes perfect with all the other XP apps such as WMP 9. B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Retired
    Originally posted by liquidacid@1 July 2003 - 22:51
    I use CrystalBlue
    b0seclass is a nice theme!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ricochet> I installed that patch but I cant load the skins. the skin I want doesn't even show up in the choices, and I even put the theme in my theme folder in the c:windows/resources/themes folder. how do you load the skins?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    b0seclass is a nice theme!
    Glad you like it mate.

ricochet> I installed that patch but I cant load the skins. the skin I want doesn't even show up in the choices, and I even put the theme in my theme folder in the c:windows/resources/themes folder. how do you load the skins?
    Once you've installed to your c:......themes folder, click on the msstyles file there. This will bring up the display properties window.

gumbydancin, that does look sweet. I'll check it out. Cheers bro.

yxuz. Did you install stylexp or the uxtheme patch linked in the thread starter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast