Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why eMule?

Ok so I tryed this program. Maybe it just me...

But why is this program still alive. I remember trying to download files where I had to wait a long time before evening downloading the file and most of the files were very recent.

So yeah why haven't the people that use eMule haven't moved on?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ***_Retired_*** BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Progz View Post
    Ok so I tryed this program. Maybe it just me...

But why is this program still alive. I remember trying to download files where I had to wait a long time before evening downloading the file and most of the files were very recent.

So yeah why haven't the people that use eMule haven't moved on?
    i know few people that uses emule. for some people torrents is to hard. one of them tell me that he dont care to whait a few weaks to get what he want.
    I just have one friend that uses torrents.
    For me is hard to get invitations.

Im looking for free FTN.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    files last a lot longer on the mule
    Now go away.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    especially for small files like mp3s emule is the first choise. The integrated search engine is also much easier to use than searching for a torrent file!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    pazsh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    files last a lot longer on the mule
    thats 100% true.

and 1 more thing, sometimes you search so long for some old stuff, or for example- i search for reggae song(i think it from 2006), but i didnt find it at any software or in the net except emule.(not soulseek or google it.....).

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I find emule much more rich then ANY any torrent site, I download the hole series of Tell me more(language program) from emule, before any torrent had them.and i upload it to demonoid.
    the only probleme that i found it it takes me plenty of time, (weeks), Emule is

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    have been using emule for years now.. it has files that are next to impossible to find on any other network...has ultra crappy download speeds but can be helped a little by keeping the UL/DL above 3

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    That's basically it...

Alot of rare files, but transferred at a snail's speed (compared to BitTorrent, anyway).

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Adebisi's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Progz View Post
    ... I remember trying to download files where I had to wait a long time before evening downloading the file and most of the files were very recent...
    That's how it works, you get in cue for chunks of different files.
    Credit can reduce your wait in cue, so the longer you use it and the longer the session, the experience gets better... But surely eMule is not for getting recent releases fast.

As the above posters said it's good for rare and old files with a friendly and pretty useful search engine.

I usually use BT, but still fire up the mule every now and then.
    Some friends of mine use it more regularly, they like the KAD serverless filesharing. Some are causal sharers and like the "fire and forget" quality - put files you want on download say at the end of the weekend, let it work during the week while you do.

I think eMule still has it's appeal for different users, files and sharing styles.
    it's karma..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    the emule network has a lot more rare files and is especially useful for me to lookup international files/videos in other languages. with bt and emule, i can find everything i want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast