Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In other news

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Squarehead just bought an Astra SRI, black with the external body pack and 18 inch alloys apparently (I understand the black bit obviously, the rest means nowt to me).

Most importantly, does this mean he has too much money and I should take some from him. That only seems right.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you're giving him wai too much pocket money, 50p a week is about rite these days

3. Lounge   -   #3
    50 pence .... pence.

See that's where I got confused.

Damn.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Does this mean you've got your wee Clio back?

You should ask him for some board and lodge. You could use the money to pay commoners to refurbish the north wing - it is looking rather tatty.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    No, he traded that in, I've kept the other one.

On the basis that I know who's been driving that, not an 18/19 year old who had just passed his test.

I though about keeping the black one and trading in the red one, but then I figured I'd probly be getting a new one next year anyway and I'm driving about 30 miles a week just now (if that) so why bother.

So, that, in short, would be a no.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Strangely I have been doing some refurbishing as you suggested. Or more accurately causing it to be done.

Number 1 moved out and there's been some repositioning of accommodation.

He's regretting the feck out of it now. What with no cable telly, broadband, permanently stocked fridge and freezer, Mam's laundry service etc.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You let him trade it in?!

You're as soft as shite, McBannockburn. I knew it all along but it's worth pointing out because most people don't think that lawyers have a warm and loving side to them.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I also took him to play with a car salesman just to see what a good deal he was getting and let him see that they actually had to try to sell stuff to us. Good experience and so forth. He already planned to buy the car via the gift of a friend of a friend.

We went to this other place and went about doing a deal. They started off with him paying £380 a month and I talked that down to £310, on the basis that they were being silly. That's right children £70 a month less just by talking to the dude. He was convinced that Squarehead was going to put down the £100 deposit to secure the car. I mean so convinced you could see him spending the commission.

The End Game

Stuart (Saleman) - I guarantee this car will be sold tomorrow, so if you put down a £100 deposit it's yours.

Me - That's not going to be happening

Stuart - I can talk to the Manager again and see if we can get it down any further.

Me - No point mate, whatever you offer we're not putting down a deposit tonight. Oh and to quote you, that's not sales talk it's just a fact.

Stuart - Is there a problem with the deposit.

Me - No I've got hunners of money, you're just not getting any tonight. (Squarehead laughs)

Stuart - Well there's no point in me seeing if I can get a better deal is there. (Trying to sound ominous but looking very confused)

Me - You're absolutely right, we'll take our leave. (Exits stage left)

He actually got it for about £260 a month. So they were trying to sell it for £120 more than you could actually get it for. I could buy another fucking car for that.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You can buy a 3 bedroomed semi-detached hoose on Skweeky's road for £380 a month

Is this one of the new shape 07 Astras, btw? I only ask because I considered getting one for teh missus back in April. There were some pretty good deals about at the time.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Yup an 07 SRI it's the one the weans want with the external body pack, 18 inch alloys, rear spoiler type thing. 3 door one, looks sportier apparently.

Cracking car, I've driven them before. They really are a lot better than the old model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast