Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeding back at FTN

AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I find it extremely hard to seed back at SCT, is it easier at FTN?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Short answer: Not really

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah SCt & FTN is hard to seed back. What I did to get my ratio up and get a good buffer is I would normally just download 1 or 2 RAR files and just seed those. I would also download the release from somewhere else and seed it there. I found those 2 methods to really help me get a good buffer

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by blad3runnerr View Post
    Yeah SCt & FTN is hard to seed back. What I did to get my ratio up and get a good buffer is I would normally just download 1 or 2 RAR files and just seed those. I would also download the release from somewhere else and seed it there. I found those 2 methods to really help me get a good buffer
    WOW thats like ur first post in ages congrats

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    It's a bit easier to seed at FTN because they offer alot of free packs to download that can be seeded.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It's much easier to keep a good ratio at FTN since half of everything is freeleech to begin with. As far as seeding each file 1:1, that might take some effort since there are very few leeches. The average release is grabbed like 10-20 times. After you factor out the partial seeders and the users who dl the content elsewhere you don't have many leeches to work with. Plus it seems everyone has a leaseweb/vectoral box there.

Still a great site though!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    SCT is harder, only SCC is harder to seed (put aside Oink and BitMeTV).
    A malis vituperari laus est.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    In FTN... If you can't seed a torrent to a 1:1 ratio, you can just seed it for 72 hours and everything is fine after that (even if the torrent that you tried to seed has a 0:1 ratio).

P.S. That optional 72-hour seeding rule might be lowered down to 36 hours soon.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    ok.... i have a question about the 72/36-hr seeding requirement. I have encountered this on a few sites, where I have run a seed for DAYS trying to get a 1:1 ratio with no luck. I know enough to jump on a new torrent relatively quickly, etc etc and when all else fails I will not HnR and will seed to the time-limits the site sets

My ratio ends up looking like crap -- especially with sone new site that I was fortunate enough to join. I really worry that I will get in trouble for the low ratio side of the rulebook.

With all that, my question is......iI my account in jeopardy for low ratio if I consistently seed back for their time limits, but it does not result in my being able to seed to a minimum 1:1?

Thanks for clarifying... I intend this to not be a hijack of this thread, as it is a seeding/time-limit related question.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    In FTN... If you can't seed a torrent to a 1:1 ratio, you can just seed it for 72 hours and everything is fine after that (even if the torrent that you tried to seed has a 0:1 ratio).

P.S. That optional 72-hour seeding rule might be lowered down to 36 hours soon.

Now I see why FTN is considered the best 0day tracker. Free leech + seeding time bonus = ownage.

@kallieb
    It depends on site rules. Some sites enforce ratio requirements, some (e.g. HDBits, BlackCats) have bonus system which allows you to seed for certain amount of time to compensate for low upload speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast