Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Get Oink Ratio

Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno
    Any suggestions?
    upload albums that you have and that are not already on the tracker in the lossless format
    exactly

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    go to the Rosetta Stone the big one in the Appz section and get just one language that is popular. I grabbed the Spanish one and am getting a nice return on it all the time.
    i wouldent suggest this, that file is prettymuch long dead for seeding, all the "leechers" are partial seeding

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    tnx

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    rocknrule's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    if you run a seedbox and can get the knack of making a good choice, you might easily get a 70-100GB buffer per week. look around top 10 users' choices carefully.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    i think you should use seedbox.. it is the best way i think..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Fly'sEyes BT Rep: +5
    Excuse my ignorance but what is seedbox?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    even with a seedbox you have to know what to seed

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgieSmuggler
    A seedbox is a dedicated computer used to seed torrents, primarily to help a user increase their amount uploaded and therefore increase their ratio on a private site.
    that

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgieSmuggler View Post
    A seed box is a rented server with a fast connection that you can use to upload lots of gigs on trackers. do a search there are tonnes of threads answering that question.

btw, put some fuucking clothes on. don't need any Aussies walking around in their speedos

EDIT:
    beat me to it Thor, but only by seconds.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    n00brific :) BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    best way to increase ratio is by upping your own rips in flac (i feel bad for encoding flac level 0, so i go for flac level 8 just to help people out)

another thing you can do is grab something popular (not big, with leechers) or even a collection such as a complete verve recording that is about a gb. people usually come looking for those because people just like download and collecting older music plus, leechers will download off of you since there are about 1-10 seeders at a time on these torrents. remember that you are in the clear as long as you don't download more than 5gb if you are a new user (if you are already over 5gb then i suggest you upload your own stuff).

the method i use the most is searching the net for lossless rips of obscure music or collections. people in the w a r e z scene sometimes upload lossless material. that stuff really helps my ratio

if you don't have a seedbox try to leave your computer on as long as possible. i leave mine on 24/7. because most leechers on oink will only download from you for 1-20mins (on most torrents) at about 10-20 kb/s (this is the case for me at least). i have 120 torrents running and i only manage to upload 450mb a day.

i have a up stream of 45 kb/s

oink is a great place when you have the buffer for it (i have an 80gb buffer)

remember that you have to give before you receive

good luck

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast