Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invison Board Or Phpbb

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I like invision power boards but phpbb has been around for a while. And its fully free. Invion is only free if you keep their logo I think.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I've started to prefer Invision over any other forum system I used in the past - Full stop.

The PHP/MySQL requirement can be a bitch to some who only have ISP webspace (e.g. NTLworld webspace), but once you get past that I find it's the most attractive and simplest, both for members & admin (I'm actually setting up a forum for an event in the next two weeks, and when I'd have spent two days setting up a forum using EzBoard, I only spend 90 minutes on Invision doing more that I could with EzBoard.

Put short - I'd love to see another forum system cut up Invision's software

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    phpBB, its just so easy to customize and build upon.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I have to go with InvisionBoard.

I have used the software for god knows how long and i've never had any problems installing or running it.

To me, phpBB looks so 'unfinished' compared to InvisionBoard. The default design and even skinned look awful, yet with InvisionBoard, the templates are easy to customise as well as pretty much any aspect that you can end up with a board that no longer looks like InvisionBoard.

Its fast, easy to install, easy to run and has a great range of features.

Also, there's more support for 'hacks' to enhance the functionality of the board (www.ibplanet.com). There's loads of Skins and Hacks there.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i agree with the link

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    From an end user point of view, I prefer the Invision boards to the phpbb boards I have visited.
    They seem more functional and quicker too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I agree with Illiminati & tite-wad, I prefer Invision Board as well. Much easier to use in the administrative level. Also I run a forum in invision board and you dont need to have their logo.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'd say both I cant wait till phpbb3 comes out, and I love IPB too, for my site I found a host that gives IPB 2.0.4.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    phpBB

and as for 'hacks', they can be found here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Christ - This has risen from the grave like an extra from the Thriller video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast