Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tv-out What Am I To Do?

Right burnt movies onto VCD (check), got graphics card with no tv-out (bugger), what am i to do..i wanted to find the cheapest option to play vcds on my tv without buying another DVD player (mine just plays dvd and cant be hacked)...Do i have to buy a new graphics card or can u buy these tv-out cards on there own??? Help please....
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    yes, if u buy a cheap tv-out card u will see your desktop on your tv, so u will no longer have to burn VCDs, just watch DivX

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    In reply to your question do i need a new graphics card with tv-out or is there just a tv-out card that could i buy that could slot into an empty pci slot????

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@30 June 2003 - 08:08
    In reply to your question do i need a new graphics card with tv-out or is there just a tv-out card that could i buy that could slot into an empty pci slot????
    AFAIK you can get a TV out card that will slot into one of your PCI slots.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cheers for the reply but what the does AFAIK mean?!?!?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by slimboyfatz@30 June 2003 - 09:18
    Cheers for the reply but what the does AFAIK mean?!?!?
    As Far As I Know

And your welcome,hope you manage to sort it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    what if you have a tv out s- video port but your tv only has audio and video ports, no s-video port, then what do you do? also i have a g force 4 440 card.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    S-vid to rca adapter $5 to $20. RCA audio/video cables $10 to $100 .
    Then the nightmare of configuring that card to put the picture on the TV. Check for driver updates before you even try. I had an mx440se and promptly returned it.

I was trying to find past posts on this topic but it appears they've been edited out.

There was a great site that covered all configurations and options for PC to TV, Maybe someone bookmarked it and will stumble across this.

Try a search on google for > PC to TV <

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    there is a PCI card called the Sigma X-Card (i believe that&#39;s the name) which decodes Mpeg 4 (this is really only an advantage to very very slow computers) and has a tv-out connection. but for the price that it costs, you may as well just get a new graphics card with a tv-out connection.

if you don&#39;t need it for playing 3D video games, you can get a very respectable tv-out graphics card for as little as &#036;30-&#036;50 USD. most of them have an s-video connection, and if you need to plug it into an RCA jack (on your tv) you can use an adapter cable. it is possible to find some that have RCA-out rather than S-Video out, though. for instance, i have an ATI Radeon 7000 with an RCA-out, in one of my PCs... and it only cost me approx &#036;40. it doesn&#39;t run 3D games very fast, but regular computer/desktop stuff and tv display look just fine.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    *Grunt*
    Although it is not the most ideal option if you are strapped for cash but theres this card the ATI all in wonder 9800 it offers a TV tunner S video in DVI out ect and is still an awsome gaming performer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast