Thread: Wireless Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address..."

Ok I made a boo-boo
    Running a registry cleaner (CCleaner to be exact), I deleted som registry files without making a backup.

..I know, stupid..

The only (noticeable) problem I have is that my Wireless Network Connection (Broadcom 802.11bg/ WLAN) is stuck on "Aquiring Network Address", with it's little icon on the right hand of the taskbar being a computer with a yellow ball moving back and forth below the computer.

It's annoying because while the connection is trying to get an ip address, I can use the internet. So something is screwed up.

Here are some facts that (i think) might help:
    -DHCP Client (service) disabled
    -Network Connection > Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties is filled out - with Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses filled out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Ummm, try turning the DHCP Client service (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) on

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    barb, i don't need it on because i already told my computer my lan address, gateway address, subnet mask, and dns serves.

my wireless network connection worked fine before i deleted registry files without dhcp service on. so there's got to be a registry file i need to reinsert, or something.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Are you using WPA security? Try switching to WEP on both the router and the PC and see if that makes and difference. You might have blitzed the WPA settings in your PC.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    You might have blitzed the WPA settings in your PC.
    ...blitzed: –adjective Slang. 1. drunk or stoned 2. extremely tired.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Not quite what I had in mind.

"deleted", "destroyed" or "wiped out" was what I meant.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    My PC was doing the same a few days ago. Going into Network Connections and refreshing (F5) made the tray icons cease annoying me.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ORIGINALsigier
    first off go to view wireless networks, click on bottom right in window that says change advanced settings, in new window click to let windows configure for you.
    on bottom of same window delete any entries you have then close the window.
    next right click on your icon in the system tray and click view wireless networks, highlight your and click connect. thats all, nothing to it unless you have a password in which case once you click connect it will prompt you for the network key (which is also the password)
    I hope this helps as this is my first and only post because i have seen today that this forum is using alost of worthless p2p software. People wake up, upload your files to a server and you wont have to worry about seeds or any other junk, tc all.