Thread: Wary Of Spies

a quick Q: Does Kazaa-lites elimination of spyware protect us from any prying eyes the RIAA may employ to bust major sharers?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Nope, there is a patch that keeps people from seeing what files your sharing though. Its on the k-lite site somewhere.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    but wouldnt that just make you look like a leecher who wasnt sharing files?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    montyclift007
    Yes, I think it would make you seem to be a leech.

montyclift

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    And my friend, if I have my choice between being a leech and being a target for the RIAA, guess which I'm going to choose.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by shotglass@29 June 2003 - 23:55
    And my friend, if I have my choice between being a leech and being a target for the RIAA, guess which I'm going to choose.
    Depends on rather or not if u have broadband...................then u can be both

Peace brotherdoobie

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster

hi there !
    i'm sharing over 2000 files,everyone can see them
    and i don't give a s--t about RIAA
    regards
    m8t

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    You have a better chance of winning the lottery than being caught by the RIAA/MPAA.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    The privacy patch just makes you look (a little) like a leech. But your Participation level still shows up -- of course with KL++ it&#39;ll probably be 9,000+, but if you turn off the cheat it will show a possibly respectable level of PL=50-500. Leeches almost always have a PL of less than 25 unless they&#39;re using a cheat. (An exception to this is all non Kazaa <v2.0.2 users show up as PL=0 regardless of leeching.)

On the other hand, being a leech does RIAA&#39;s job for them -- you&#39;re still hated by the RIAA and now many others on p2p networks hate you too&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    you can get software like "peer guardian" and similar programs to block the ip&#39;s of media hawks and other "shady" characters like them