Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter

Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Nicely written apology.

I do find it odd that in a place where entire threads consist of people calling each other cunts, a poll obviously begun in jest should require explanation/retraction but my grasp of Lounge dynamics is tenuous at best.

Besides, according to JP I am a racist as well, so what do I know?
    'lounge dynamics' would make a great thread title

2. Lounge   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    'lounge dynamics' would make a great thread title
    I accept PayPal.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    We caught wind of Peat Moss's frustration from what Herbert posted from their conversation via PM. Peat did not report it. No other member reported it.
    So what you're saying here is that whoever "brought [it] to [JP's] attention" did that based on one piece of second-hand information, which may not have been so serious at that.

That's brilliant. Lucky no one went overboard and started messing with JP over it

And, you know, whose hatchet are you gonna bury? Isn't that up to the people involved, like

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    We caught wind of Peat Moss's frustration from what Herbert posted from their conversation via PM. Peat did not report it. No other member reported it.
    So what you're saying here is that whoever "brought [it] to [JP's] attention" did that based on one piece of second-hand information, which may not have been so serious at that.

That's brilliant. Lucky no one went overboard and started messing with JP over it
    Good point, thanks for that Skizo.

Fuck the apology, if Peat wasn't actually offended why was I brought to task over this. No-one complained and I didn't actually break any rule.

So much for being a long established member. At least I know where I stand now.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Why am I the only one who got the PM? I doubt he would PM that to me as a joke.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Oh that's right I FWDed a copy to you (JP) and tesco because ya'll weren't taken me seriously in the thread when I posted the message.

I took the "Peat's a Racist" thread as a joke (as it is the lounge) but I did not take the Private Message (PM) he sent me as one. Which is obviously why I posted it and was like wtf.

Besides read my bio "I'm laid back, I try to help others, but I'm far from perfect. I should also warn you that I have a crude sense of humor. If you ever feel insulted...I was probably just making a joke."
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 08-15-2007 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Clarified you as JP | added profile
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. Lounge   -   #17
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i didn't get a chance to read this thread, but it was obviously a joke. there is a better pic than this, but i couldn't find it.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Hang on JPaul..if you think you will escape the Lounge's Kangaroo Court..just by this lame apology ..forget it... we want blood we want blood...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post

Good point, thanks for that Skizo.

Fuck the apology, if Peat wasn't actually offended why was I brought to task over this. No-one complained and I didn't actually break any rule.

So much for being a long established member. At least I know where I stand now.
    Are you really going to take a shit on your own post?

Who said he wasn't offended?? Where the fuck did you conjure that from?? I think his displeasure was quite apparent when he said, "Sorry for taking it personal but it bothers me , not something I take lightly." Add the full PM and what was left to ponder?

And what the hell does it matter if Peat made a report or not? HE WAS OFFENDED. That's the bottom line, and it was made blatantly obvious in the post and the PM. What he did not do was run off and cry about it and make a report and boo-hoo, etc., etc. He made a post about his feeling in the thread and was mocked for it.

For you to say "fuck the apology".....wow. You're really letting you true colors shine now. Makes me regret sticking up for you in Team Chat.

I stand corrected.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Skizo

Let's get back to basics shall we. It would appear that everyone knew that it was a joke. Don't take my word for that, take the word of people like Les and Clocker.

It would appear that no-one thought it a particularly harsh joke, given the context of the lounge. See above.

It would appear that no actual complaint was made. Peat send a PM to Hairbaut, that's a matter between them. Peat certainly didn't PM me.

It would appear that I didn't actually break any board rule, otherwise I'm sure I would have been told about it.

So why am I actually apologising. That would appear to be the consensus of forum members. Not just my opinion. I printed an apology because I thought it was the right thing to do. Then the reaction I got was that it almost certainly wasn't.

It would appear to me that there are other forces at work here, with their own agendas.

If I'm letting my true colours shine thro' here, then so are you. I'm proud of mine, are you.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast