Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    It has been brought to my attention that Peat Moss did not find the thread I started "Is Peat Moss a Racist" funny. It would appear that members of the board staff feel the same way. I have therefore decided to apologise for the misunderstanding. I thought it was obvious that the thread was intended as a joke, it appeared to me that the people who replied to it, for the most part saw the joke and indeed the fact that they voted seemed to support that belief. As did the fact that Peat did not contact me to discuss the matter.

However, whatever I thought is irrelevant, I wish to take this opportunity to say that I unequivocally apologise for the misunderstanding. I had no desire to offend Peat Moss, I have no desire to offend Peat Moss. It is unlikely I will ever have any desire to offend Peat Moss.

It has also been brought to my attention that there have been a lot of complaints about me referring to people as "racist", or "nazi", or "homophobe". I find this surprising. I say that for two main reasons. Firstly these words are always used totally out of context, the most dim witted individual could see that they were not intended as genuine insults but as badinage. I genuinely thought everyone would see that. I find it stunning that they do not. Secondly, for the most part I use these words when dealing with my regular correspondents. I find it absolutely impossible to believe that they are making lots of complaints about this. Indeed if they didn't want to join in with the joke then they would PM me and we would discuss the matter, like adults.

I can therefore only conclude that these "lots of complaints" are coming from people not involved in the discussions who simply wish to complain. Perhaps a lot of people doing it once or twice, or a few people doing it lots of times. In either case I'm sure the mods will take the appropriate action if they feel that I am breaking board rules. I am equally confident that when they do they will explain this to me.

I obviously can't speak for the experience of other people who have joined in the same joke. Perhaps they have been contacted by the mods and told to desist, that is a matter for them.

In any case, if you do not appreciate the humour when I am having a laugh with friends please feel free not to read it. Indeed please feel free to put me on ignore, that's what the function is for. If you want me to have no dealing with you feel free to let me know, either in public or by PM. We can mutually ignore each other and then we can all get on with just having fun with the people we enjoy interacting with.

Once again and to make absolutely sure there is no misunderstanding. I offer my apologies to Peat Moss for any upset caused due to my starting the "Is Peat Moss a Racist" Thread. It was genuinely a simple misunderstanding.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Turned out it was actually Herbert who caused all the bother, by forwarding a private message Peat had sent to him. Doesn't he realise that Peat may well have been annoyed at his behaviour and have actually saw the funny side of the thread itself.

I mean the only person (to the best of my knowledge) who Peat mentioned it to was Harriet and that was to express his disappointment at him.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i thought the lounge was about having a laugh the thread jpaul made was funny

5. Lounge   -   #25
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Apology accepted?

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Turned out it was actually Herbert who caused all the bother, by forwarding a private message Peat had sent to him. Doesn't he realise that Peat may well have been annoyed at his behaviour and have actually saw the funny side of the thread itself.

I mean the only person (to the best of my knowledge) who Peat mentioned it to was Harriet and that was to express his disappointment at him.
    The information that this is all down to Herbert is hardly news. I mean, the boy's so self-obsessed it isn't true. I'd be surprised if he cares about one person in this world more than he cares about his orange stars - the attitude he displays to others on this bored is, quite frankly, appalling.

The things I find remarkable are that the apololgy was made in the first place, the manner in which the apology was made, the rapid retraction and the sheer emo-ness of the entire episode. Ya great big carey-fairy.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I mean, the boy's so self-obsessed it isn't true.
    I'm so self-obsessed that I'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Yes. He PMed me once.
    To think that's all I said to Peat. Even with a laugh.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. Lounge   -   #28
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I agree. Hairbautt should apoligise to the forum and then make way for Peat's return.

Bye Herbert, it's been real.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    JP,
    What part of "I unequivocally apologise for the misunderstanding" am I missing?

You did your bit- quite gracefully, I thought- and I think you'd be better served just leaving it at that...seems to me this tempest has outgrown it's teapot.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #30
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Indeed.

I think it was probably Skizo coming along and saying that Peat hadn't actually complained, or PMed anyone official about it. That in fact he hadn't contacted anyone about it other than Hairbautt and that it was Hairbautt forwarding that PM to a mod which caused all the bother.

It's quite possible that Peat saw the joke and had no problem with it. However he was a bit disappointed with someone he considered a mate and how that person had reacted. He may be reading this whole thing and thinking Hairbautt, in addition to stabbing him in the back has now painted him into an embarrassing corner

It just made me think, wait a minute, who am I apologising to and for what. Everyone confirming that it was an obvious joke - in the lounge, just confirmed that.

Anyway, you're right, I probably should just leave it. Maybe a couple of other people should step forward tho' and accept their part of the blame for the carnage.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast