Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Dickenson On File Sharing

TheNobleEU's Avatar Post Count Slacker
    Quotation of possible interest to k-liters:

Pacing all over the stage, Bruce Dickenson (lead singer of Iron Maiden) proclaimed at the "GIVE ME ED TIL I'M DEAD Tour," in Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia Maryland, 29th July 2003:

"It's only the people that are putting out the albums with one good song and the rest filler that are complaining about [file sharing] and claim they are losing money -- but we are still selling just as much as we ever did -- so if you are taking pictures or recording this concert its OKAY WITH US and we want you to SHARE IT.  We want you to put it online!  We want you to give to everyvody so everyone can hear it -- because that's the way it should be.  It's only these posers that have a problem with it."
    <end snipe at Metallica>

This quotation comes from my gf, who attended the concert. Thought you guys would enjoy the remarks.

Cheers,

2. Music   -   #2
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    I love it &#33; &#33; &#33;

Tchau&#33;

3. Music   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Great Quote. This is a really great statement. Well said, agree with it all.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Music   -   #4

5. Music   -   #5
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    *cheers for Iron Maiden*

6. Music   -   #6
    But on one condition: When you hear the new album, if you like it, pay the equivalent of three beers to buy the record in the store. That is what keeps us alive. If you don&#39;t like the album, just forget it
    that&#39;s a reasonable request from any artist. The RIAA&#39;s whole crusade seems to be based on the fact that every song/album downloaded by anyone, automatically is a lost sale, when the truth is that if P2P was non-existant, and there was NO way to get music other than to buy it, then i&#39;d take a guess that about 5% or less of music that would have been downloaded if the technology existed would actually be bought.

edit - the "that is what keeps us alive" part is kinda funny though, considering it&#39;s coming from a member of Iron Maiden, i&#39;m sure after all these years they don&#39;t need any more sales to lead a financially comfortable life.

7. Music   -   #7
    TheNobleEU's Avatar Post Count Slacker
    My girl was told by a guy she got to talking to at the concert that Pro Skateboarder Tony Hawk loves Maiden and included Iron Maiden songs in his video games for Playstation. This has introduced the wholesome goodness ™&reg; of Iron Maiden to the next generation (IM has been around since 1974-75).

The age range at the concert was apparently from 15-50.

Maiden has been around forever, now they provide more reasons to erect bronze statues of them.

Cheers,

8. Music   -   #8
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I just downloaded a couple songs on Soulseek and they aren&#39;t half bad. Of course i will be out to buy one of their albums first thing tomorrow.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Music   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Iron Maiden has been my favorite Band since I was like 13.....glad to hear this from Bruce.....Up The Irons&#33;&#33;&#33; B)

10. Music   -   #10
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Good to see Maiden support sharing music...Bruce is a legend and ya gotta love them paying metallica out...May the devil be with you (and also with you)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast