Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: thebox.bz - at last, a great british tv tracker

lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by theboxsucks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    You are clearly a very arrogant person who thinks the internet (and presumably the world) should be run to your rules.
    My rules happen to be the basic rules of logic, which are human beings' basis for determining truth or falsehood, so I'm in a pretty good position to demand that people either follow those rules or admit they are wrong.
    There's your problem, it isn't your site so no-one has to follow your pedantic rules. You aren't in a position to demand anything. Like I said, make your own site and you can apply your own rules.

Btw, btw is an acronym, but since it was at the beginning of a sentence I capitalised the first letter, that's standard grammar in case you missed it. If you are going to try to insist on perfection from everyone else you ought to find out and understand the rules yourself first.
    No, that isn't standard grammar, and I didn't miss it. I doubt it's possible for you to write a single correct statement.
    If capitalising the first letter of a sentence isn't standard grammar, how come you do it with every sentence you write?

I can't understand why they kicked you at thebox, trolls are such useful community members.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ohdear
    Lutherblisset/becalm strikes again me thinks.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Lynx, you're a dipshit.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Lynx, you're a dipshit.
    wait until he finds your other account..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Lynx, you're a dipshit.
    wait until he finds your other account..
    Oh, because I'm using a sock puppet to mindlessly "troll" this board; and lynx is really much smarter than me.

Get your head out of the sand!

Lynx is a dipshit because everything he has written is wrong, and I called him a dipshit because the argument had already descended into absurdity and could only get worse.

You see, this is what I meant when I wrote: "I used to ignore comments that were completely without merit, but I've found that even the worst argument--if left unchallenged--can fester in the imaginations of fanboys who will imagine that they've already won the debate phase of the engagement and will proceed directly to aggressive mockery."

Look a little more closely at lynx's last comment, will you?

If capitalising the first letter of a sentence isn't standard grammar, how come you do it with every sentence you write?
    Fair enough. Capitalizing the first letter of a sentence is standard grammar. However, that isn't what lynx wrote.

Lynx wrote:

Btw, btw is an acronym, but since it was at the beginning of a sentence I capitalised the first letter, that's standard grammar in case you missed it.
    Which was wrong, and which I rightly corrected. It is not standard grammar to capitalize the first letter of an anagram.

Not only was lynx wrong, but he had the audacity to misrepresent the meaning of what he wrote in a blatant attempt to sidestep the argument. In other words, he tried to play stupid. That is intellectual dishonesty at its worst, and it shows that he will do anything to weasel his way out of an argument. (To be fair, another possibility is that he actually is stupid.) Therefore, I decided to stop humoring him and to call him a dipshit.

Finally, this fanboy delusion that anyone who proves them wrong is a "troll" offends me on multiple levels. The Internet is one of the few places left where people are insulted merely for opposing institutionalized idiocy and ignorance.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    I signed up 2 days ago, I still haven't gotten a confirmation, I've checked my spam and tried to sign up again. My guess, it's full.

Isn't that what people are complaining about regarding UKNova?

I was looking forward to the new site but I'm guessing I'll never get the chance to experience it. Oh well

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Allygemz View Post
    I signed up 2 days ago, I still haven't gotten a confirmation, I've checked my spam and tried to sign up again. My guess, it's full.

Isn't that what people are complaining about regarding UKNova?

I was looking forward to the new site but I'm guessing I'll never get the chance to experience it. Oh well
    ive had this problem with one of my email addresses that completely deletes torrent site emails before you even get to see them. hotmail is one such email service that is notorious for this.

try to sign up again using a completely different email address (yahoo or gmail are usually safe bets), username, password and preferably a different IP address too, and then once youre in, immediately notify the staff that you created a previous account for which you couldnt receive a confirmation email, so as not to be banned for having a dual account. ask them to delete the failed account. either that, or contact them thru irc to see if they can fix your current account.

for your information, new registrations are NOT FULL, but they are going to close really soon, so you need to act fast.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 09-09-2007 at 10:44 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    lingo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Wonderful tracker! I have to build up a nice buffer before I hammer it down with the great comedy and drama shows. At last, I've got the chance to see "Smiley."
    army now... //

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    best uk torrent site! but my ip was banned

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Btw, btw is an acronym, but since it was at the beginning of a sentence I capitalised the first letter, that's standard grammar in case you missed it.
    Which was wrong, and which I rightly corrected. It is not standard grammar to capitalize the first letter of an anagram.
    Btw, "btw" is not an acronym or an anagram. It is an abbreviation.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast