Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powerful Kazaa Tool Overlooked!

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by nukemdomis@30 June 2003 - 17:35
    WORD OF MOUTH CAN BE THE MOST POWERFUL TOOL WHEN SEARCHING FOR INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND REFERENCE. A USER DOESN'T SHARE EVERYTHING HE OR SHE KNOWS WHEN WRITING A DESCRIPTION...HE OR SHE CAN SAY WHATEVER IN THE DESCRIPTION!!

"SEND MESSAGE TO USER" IS RARELY USED TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER KAZAA USERS. !!!!!!!THERE ARE ALWAYS 3000000 USERS ON KAZAA WHICH MEANS YOU CAN TALK TO THREE MILLION DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!!!

++++I SEND MESSAGES TO MANY USERS ASKING ABOUT RARE/UNHEARD OF FILES/INFO THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD. I EVEN GET GREAT LEADS FROM WHAT I CALL, "UNDERGROUND" KNOW-HOW!!!!

*****I DON'T SHARE MY BEST FILES WHICH COST $$$$!!!! BUT IF SOMEONE ASKS I WOULD ENABLE THEM!!!!!

*****WHEN SOMEONE IS UPLOADING FROM ME, I MIGHT SEND THEM A MESSAGE SAYING, "HEY IF YOU LIKE THIS TOPIC, THEN TRY THIS FILE CALLED....."

HAVE YOU EVER GRABBED FILES THAT ARE LOOPED OR INCOMPLETE?

HAVE YOU EVER DOWNLOADED SOMETHING THAT WASN'T WHAT IT'S DESCRIPTION SAID?

WELL THAT MEANS YOU DIDN'T EVEN FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR OR MABEY YOU DID FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR, BUT IT PROBABLY WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE BEST FILE POSSIBLE.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SEND MESSAGES TO OTHER USERS.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^3,000,000 USERS IS "VERY RESOURCEFUL"
    Someone needs to turn off their damn caps lock.

Dream forum hacks list:

File attachments
    hack that blocks people from posting in all capss.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Acecool@1 July 2003 - 00:03
    *****I DON'T SHARE MY BEST FILES WHICH COST $$$$!!!! BUT IF SOMEONE ASKS I WOULD ENABLE THEM!!!!!

Just the above part, you, are lame.

Share ALL your files, dont disable and enable, how would they know what files you had..

Think honetly. dont be a leech.
    Sharing too much can slow both your downloads AND uploads. (especially if you left the upload speed at 'unlimited'&#33

And some of us have more stuff to share than hard drive space...

And I REALLY don't want people re-sharing fake and garbage files.

The network's only got "room" for so many files, due to the limited number of sharers versis leeches. (at least 2 leechers per every sharer.)

Each sharer only has so much hard drive space, online time, upload speed, and other limits as well!

btw, what's "honetly"?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    The send user a message tool is worthless, I always get an error that the user is offline, not accepting messages or is using another version.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by nukemdomis+1 August 2003 - 09:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nukemdomis @ 1 August 2003 - 09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ToraBoraDweller@1 July 2003 - 09:59
    Read &#33;&#33;
    His tool is called &#39;word of mouth&#39; (may work for him ?)
    This is short.

Only a person who knows who and how to talk to someone can parlay the results that "send message to other user" can give. [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t want to demean your effort ,sorry if you got that impression.
    However usernames are not unique in kazaa and as others have said message-function may be turned off or user is not monitoring.

Your tip may function however in special type of files such as uncommonly shared files :Manga,classic(pre 80&#39;s)movies just to mention some..

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Poster
    They say it&#39;s good to talk and I have certainly had a few conversations with chaps on kazaa. All in English, because I am too thick (and old) to learn anything else.

Certainly is someone sends me a message which says, see you like Al DiMeola, can you reccomend some of his music, I am more than happy to oblige.

I have never instigated one of these conversations myself, but I am happy to answer if I can. Any time this has happened it has ended with a polite cheers / thank you.

The way I see it this is some wee dude in Mozambique, who I will never meet. We "spoke" for a couple of minutes and the world was a cool place.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    So this is the guy who keeps interupting me while i am trying to watch one of the many files i share so he can ask a question about a file. He could check to see if it works himself if he would just get avipreview and learn to use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123