Thread: Boundaries?

I think we should all stop for a minute, and just take a look at what we are doing, and why we're doing it. I am a pro-file sharer all the way but there has to be limits. Why do I download songs? Because I think it's rediculous to pay $18 for a cd that only has one good song on it.

However.. there are limitations.. I wouldn't ever download an entire album, that truly is ripping off the artist. If you like an album, BUY it. I know it's more convenient to just download it, but really, but yourself in the artists shoes. Not necessarily Eminem or Metallica or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.. new bands, just starting out. Bands that aren't rich and successful already. They could be truly talented, but because people can just download the album they'll never be able to make a living out of it. It is Wrong, and we all know that. Sure we can all download files, that's fine, but you should also support the artists. Buy a cd now and then, especially ones from artists who are just starting out. I mean really, if you were just recently discovered as having a talent in the music business.. would you be wanting to get paid for your work? I think so.

The other problem I have, is I saw a topic on here asking how to cut the credits off of movies. Now we're not only stealing the movies, we're taking away the artists CREDIT. So what if the file is bigger, tough. If your going to steal the movie you can at least give credit where credit is due. Really. I know you probably don't care to have Affleck or Damon or Spielberg credited, they've got enough money. But how about thirty names down the list, the little people. The people who aren't makin' 15 million bucks a picture, all they really have is their name on those credits. Again, put yourself in that position and see how you'd feel, if your dreams of breaking in to the movie biz come true. You get to work on a great film, your so proud of yourself. You go over to your friends place to tell him the good news and he's got a pirated version of the film, he's seen it, hasn't got the credits. He thinks your telling him bullshit. All of a sudden, your hard work on the film is flushed down the toilet to save a few minutes of download time.

So I guess my question is, do any of us have any boundaries when downloading files? Artists DESERVE to get paid for their material... wether they be musicians or film makers. They definately DESERVE to be creditted for the materials they've submitted. What do you all think?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    You wanna know wha i think

scrowl down

FUCK YOU U COCK SUCKER who gives a fuck wha u think

the whole point of file shairing is to share illegal file

DONT DOWNLOAD FROM KAZAA ANYMORE IF YOUR GOING TO ACT LIKE A BITCH
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hmm.. how old are you? 12? What nationality? Must be American.

Explains a lot right there.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by FFArmen@1 July 2003 - 03:20
    Hmm.. how old are you? 12? What nationality? Must be American.

Explains a lot right there.
    19 And Yes im from the us

Dont act like a smart ass or ill hack your computer

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    haha.. everyone and their uncle is a 'hacker' these days. Stupid N00B hacks that are all programs downloaded off the 'net.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ima a NoOB i have 300 post and u have 3 im mods and 7 other fourms AND do u wanna find out if i can hack your computer YOu DUmbBitch

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    you either download and share or you dont you cant hedge your bets both ways ... sounds like you want freedom on the internet as long as it fits into your beliefs...

and the dude that talks about hacking a true hacker would not have said that maybe you need to find out what true hacking involves..

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I'm not against file-sharing.. I just said I think there should be some boundaries too it.

And as for hacking, yes I know what it's all about. and I mean HACKING.. not cracking. Most hackers are crackers, they don't even realize it.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    the trub with boundrys is who decides on them who polices them... and i have been on the net for years and belive that there should be no boundrys of any type placed upon the internet if there is something you dont like you should not view it or do it.

and yer the hacking thing anyone that would say im gunna hack ya would have to be a lame arse cracker / script kiddie lol