Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: urgent help!

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    ok so this morning i used my pc, then decided to hibernate it instead of shutting it down, i came back from work and it wont wake up, its like there is no power, it wont ON. i open case and see that there is a light on over mobo that means power supply is good(or it isnt?), i remove cable from power supply and plug it back and no use, only CPU and case fans spin half and then off.
    can this be power supply problem or its fuss's problem?
    and since hibernation saves processes in memory/HDD can they be the problem?

ive already given pc to the retailer which i assembled it from by tomorrow i must get the reason, but i just want to have my self ready in case they want to screw me because the system is still under warranty.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Have you checked the A/C?

I had a pet tortoise which hibernated.
    When he should have come round, the temp was too low for him, and he never recovered.

Maybe you have a similar problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Or it could be the power supply has failed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i called the shop today and asked them whats wrong, the guy was saying some bullshit things, he was saying that technition is working with it and is trying all parts on other pc's to check which one is causing the problem.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Make sure they recertify the tortoise.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    ive already given pc to the retailer which i assembled it from by tomorrow i must get the reason,
    but i just want to have my self ready in case they want to screw me because the system is still under warranty.

Why should you care what's wrong with it?

That is what warranties are for.

Let them fix it first and worry about any further problems after you get it back.

btw, you should work on your spelling, typing, sentence formation and punctuations skills.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i have posted that thread from my sisters laptop which am not used to it, and i wrote it in hurry so i didnt care what am posting, think it as when your drunk and posting a thread.
    on topic...
    so they told me mobo is fried and since it was under warranty they said ill get a replacement but only after 3 week, i couldn't wait that long, how could i be without pc for 3 week, so i decided to buy another mobo, i didnt want to lose my windows so i had to buy same mobo, now i couldn't get P5B easily it was out of stock every where and i had little time to deliver it to the shop for reassembling the parts, some how i got the mobo and took it to them, now they were saying same problem as my old mobo is showing up and it wont come up, i went straight to their workshop to see whats going on, they removed cpu and VGA from new mobo and tried it on a different one to show that everything else is good i asked them to try it once again on new one and guess what it worked fine.
    so can it be that my old mobo was having no problem as well and just needed a refresh(removing cpu and placing it again).
    now after three weeks ill have an extra P5B with two months warranty, any one need it?
    Last edited by BawA; 08-17-2007 at 03:33 AM.

Benjamen button

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    now after three weeks ill have an extra P5B with two months warranty, any one need it?
    No thanks, I read somewhere that there's a problem coming out of hibernation.
    Or was that tortoises?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    so they told me mobo is fried and since it was under warranty they said ill get a replacement but only after 3 week, i couldn't wait that long, how could i be without pc for 3 week, so i decided to buy another mobo, i didnt want to lose my windows so i had to buy same mobo, now i couldn't get P5B easily it was out of stock every where and i had little time to deliver it to the shop for reassembling the parts, some how i got the mobo and took it to them, now they were saying same problem as my old mobo is showing up and it wont come up, i went straight to their workshop to see whats going on, they removed cpu and VGA from new mobo and tried it on a different one to show that everything else is good i asked them to try it once again on new one and guess what it worked fine.
    so can it be that my old mobo was having no problem as well and just needed a refresh(removing cpu and placing it again).
    This whole process seems flawed.

First of all, why would it take three weeks for the shop to get a replacement board and if they couldn't expedite it, how did you?

Second, any motherboard with a similar chipset would have been a drop in replacement and even a dissimilar board would have required but a repair install (which would have left data/programs intact).

Third, having seen that the supposedly "bad" replacement board actually worked, did they try the first board again to confirm the original diagnosis?

I'd be pretty skeptical about anything these guys told me...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ok...
    i dont know how it works there but here they dont replace instantly, the retailer has to take the damaged product to the company/dealer/agent which hardly has two branches whom are out of town and then they check it and if it turns out to be true damage they will provide the replacement if they do have it if not they will ask for it over seas. only few company's who have more buyers provide express work, for example Gigabyte.
    Asus has very little buyers here.

about conforming the old mobo, i thought about it and i even asked them to reconfirm it before sending for replacement but since shop was going to be closed soon i accelerate everything to get the mobo which was out of stock most of the shops and since it was late Thursday and on Fridays their closed i couldn't think about any other possibilities. but am sure it wasn't mobo's fault, i hope it be; then i can atleast say i didnt waste money(160$).
    am a guy of low patient and hi stress except of PC i really dont have anything to do after 5Pm when i come back from work am also living where traffic is a killer so i cant even go for a ride, taking these into matter overall i can say it was worth buying mobo.

to be honest past few days was a very bad dream...
    am on diet eating only 1 meal per day which is salad and chicken and am food lover so its very hard not to think about BurgerKing, and on that particular day i got out of house on my way to work and some sleepy chick banged my car from behind on a roundabout stop, it wasn't bad for me, some minor dent and paint job hopefully i got green paper(girl was faulty) but i must book my car for repairing atleast 3-4 days which is very hard for me because of my work place, then i come back to see that my pc isnt waking up and worst TV didnt had anything on to watch except reality shows and LVP Vs TUT so practically i was going out of my mind.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-17-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Benjamen button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast