Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A Buddhist Nation instead of a Christian Nation

zoe68's Avatar Enthusiast
    What is Christianity?, How can we live as Christians?, it all seems like a fairy tale to me!
    Theres no concrete proof about any "God" or "Jesus"..........hat a croc

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by zoe68 View Post
    What is Christianity?, How can we live as Christians?, it all seems like a fairy tale to me!
    Is that a vote for Buddhism, then.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

Perhaps you should look into the concept of Faith.

It is a provable fact that Jesus did live. The resurrection is what cannot be proven.

If your an evolution man than you are a big fan of things that are "hardwired." Ask yourself why the concept of God or a higher being is something that is "hardwired" into us.

There is no proof of evolution either. There is no proof of Anything.

Most of your scientific beliefs are only theories. Until something is proven to be untrue it is as such.

The fact that people of Faith take the resurrection as truth does not make it a croc. That is something you are dealing with.

You didnt bother to add anything to the discussion other than your disgust for Christians. Big surprise...and quite original.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    I've no disgust what-so-ever for any true religion, what I was saying is that I find it unbelivable.
    Tell me what is the proof that "Jesus", the son of "God", born to the "Virgin Mary" ever really existed. Or is it in that picture "the last super" It's like we have been told a story for so many years we believe it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    I've no disgust what-so-ever for any true religion, what I was saying is that I find it unbelivable.
    Tell me what is the proof that "Jesus", the son of "God", born to the "Virgin Mary" ever really existed. Or is it in that picture "the last super" It's like we have been told a story for so many years we believe it.

You'll have to do the research for yourself(if you can stand it). The Jesus of the bible was a real person-that is a fact.

Whether or not you believe in the virgin birth and the like is not for me to convince.

What is a/the true religion?

I'll assume you believe in a God because you used the upper-case G.
    Also you use the word WE. You must believe in some higher power,no?

I don't believe Da Vinci was alive during biblical times. It is a painting,nothing more.

I'd like to know what you do find believable. Do you believe that you and I are the result of a single hydrogen atom in an ooze developing lungs and legs?

Get back to me.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    "You'll have to do the research for yourself(if you can stand it). The Jesus of the bible was a real person-that is a fact."
    mmmmmmmmm I once read a book about Leprechauns.
    The name Leprechaun is derived from the Irish leath bhrogan (shoemaker) so that makes them fact........lol

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Off topic! Come on if you wish to find out what Christianity is or was or meant to be, then start a new thread.

Perhaps best would be first to to look to countries as Tibet to see what can happen. Which means, it's very difficult but not impossible. First it's important in Buddhism to work on oneself also to learn to respect all life forms. Important of all, is to work on your own thoughts and so meditation is an important if not the most important part of Buddhism. You need to create a heaven in your mind while you have still have the energy and time to do so. Also, there is only one Buddhist Nation, it's called the Sangha. You still have some time don't waste it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Yes your right Wizz Off topic, I'll come back another thread!
    Interesting thought about the Leprechauns though!

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Or is it in that picture "the last super"
    Wasn't that Joe Pesci or someone...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    "You'll have to do the research for yourself(if you can stand it). The Jesus of the bible was a real person-that is a fact."
    mmmmmmmmm I once read a book about Leprechauns.
    The name Leprechaun is derived from the Irish leath bhrogan (shoemaker) so that makes them fact........lol
    How childish of you. Good job.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast