Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not able to install Vista... Going Crazy

Ok I've downloaded 3 different versions of Vista Ultimate 64bit

I'm positive my computer supports 64 bit.

Since my Current Windows Xp is 32bit I know that I can't use DaemonTools to load it from there.

So I've tried the slowest possible burning to a Dvd one came out to be a German version and that really pissed me off because it didn't say that anywhere.

The Second one was English and ran fine on boot than it came to extracting it and it stayed at 0% untill coming into a 0x00700817 error.

The 3rd one was an unatended version and just wouldn't even load up. I've having the worst luck with this right now and wasted the last 2 days doing this.

I've wasted 5 dvds because I've used Alcohol 120% and Nero both have failed me.

Is there any possible way of booting in a virtual drive from Daemon Tools? If anyone could just help me with getting anything to work would be greatly appreciated. Oh if you haven't gotten it yet I've trying to dual boot. I've already got the drive split.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Im not sure of an answer to your problem but looking at you sig stats, 1gb ram is not enough to run ultimate even if you got it installed, it is recommended 2gb at least

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    There's a good version on PiSexy:
    Micros*ft.Wind*ws.V*sta.Ultim*te.X64.OEM.DVD.READ.NFO-NoPE

I happen to know it's got seeds (but only 3), and it works. You'll have to look back to the end of May to find it though.

I accidentally got the German version too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    Or you could get a legitimate version and try installing that. I got my legitimate version for free. If you go to college, there is a high chance of MSDN offering one to you for free. Vista business is pretty badass, and 1 gig of ram is PLENTY to run it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Why bother with Vista anyway? If you have a 1Gb RAM PC then XP is good enuff. I have a very decent PC here but still Vista seems slow so I switch back to XP x64.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Windows Vista is an oxymorn!!! swith back to XP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    and dual boot with ubuntu

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by hackforfun View Post
    Windows Vista is an oxymorn!!! swith back to XP
    What's an oxymorn?

...and we'll have no swithing (whatever it is) in this forum, thankyouverymuch; this is a family area and there's kids about.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i setuped it from demon tools and it worked fine dont know abot u pro but keep in touch with the guys here and they will help u
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    im having nightmares after installing vista, a lot of the programs don't work like they should, hardware issues...going back to xp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast