Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doesn't it suck when a rented DVD wont burn !

I've had two or three rented movies with cracks in them ! so using Isopropol alcohol etc wont work. These ones of course you can take back and ask for another one.

But there are some that are just a bit scratched or worn that seem to play in DVD players but not my DVD drive.

I have used Ripit4me which seems to rip them OK, but looses part of the damaged tracks etc.

regards

Digby

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I usually use dvdshrink and it works just fine.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm trying VSO 's Copy To DVD . It took 15 minuets to encode and burn , I'm impressed .

As I said I don't usually rent movies but thought thats a great program . I found it on IPT bundled in a package called VSO AIO , with key gen and "all" the VSO programs like Convertxtodvd , CopytoDvd , etc. Nice pack tho , pm me for details if interested , I do luv sharing .

As an after thought when Copy To DVD started it asked me to pick an encoder ? My default was Nero 7 Encoder but was asked if I wanted to download more . Thought that was interesting did n't check it out tho .

Vso home : http://www.vso-software.fr/
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-23-2007 at 05:50 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I've never used vso's copy but I regularly use convertx and am more then happy with it. I'm gonna have to give copy a try next time I burn something. Thanks for the review.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    People still rent movies this days? Gosh I should start renting too, but that wouldn't be ethical lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    People still rent movies this days? Gosh I should start renting too, but that wouldn't be ethical lol
    yep, i still do it too, for boxsets.
    it takes a day to copy 4/5 discs, depending on if you have to re-encode it or not, but still faster than downloading 20gb of data ( at least for me).

i can also very much recommend vso's utilities, but mostly dvdshrink does the job if you only keep the main movie.
    but for the newest copyright protections you might have to use anydvd too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I don't rent movies but still buy as gifts for friends or loved ones . D/L a movie and naming the dvd with my trusty black felt pen , thats unethical .

By the way CopytoDvd did n't work for 2 of the 4 store bought dvd's I tried , made me wonder about the pick an encoder option ? I use to have Dvd Santa and Dvd shrink installed but to be honest I never tried them . Afterdawn has some good links and ideas , one of days I'll have to pursue it further .

Link : http://www.afterdawn.com/software/
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-27-2007 at 03:53 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I use dvd shrink and that works fine for me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I use Handbrake.. it works great.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/
    Last edited by lessthanfour; 10-01-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: link

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    ripit4me works for me too. its really good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12