Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ratio's

SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    you download a file from TL then let's say UK-T has the same file
    you only download the UK-T torrent file and then open it with your bit torrent client(utorrent,bitcomet..) and set the downloading folder as the same folder where you put the the file you early downloaded from TL

For Serving Community

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Oh ok thanks ^ Understood now. But what if another site doesn't have the exact same torrent?

Ok well here's what confuses me. I download ECW which is wrestling, since I don't get it where I am every week, and those are at about 1.789 ratios, but the others are all at around 0.21 , 0.13 and such. Now why wouldn't the ratios of those torrents build up aswell?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i didn't get that sorry ,maybe someone else know the answer

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    It's just that some torrents seed way slower than others for some reason, and I don't understand why... Thanks for your help though

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If you got the cash , get a seedbox. If you don't have the cash, catch a good download early....turn off your monitor and check back in a few days...you should have a decent share ratio by then.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ok, thanks for all the help

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @InstantClassic, it depends on a few things

1.seeder leech ratio
    if there are 200 seeds and 10 leeches your chances of uploading much are reduced. best to choose torrents with a better balance so the leeches want your data though be careful as on some torrents with a high number of leeches everyone could be at 65% or whatever meaning they're all waiting for the original seed to upload to them. Also some of the leeches will be false because they've only downloaded part of the file so they can seed it back (which is a good strategy to use to build your ratio) so you need to think carefully about each torrent you snatch.

2.leeches download speed
    if they have a fast speed you will upload to them faster

3. the trackers server speed
    in my experience some trackers just have better speeds

I'm sure there are more reasons and lots of other things to consider as well particularly connection issues ie: are your ports forwarded properly?

look here for more Before Posting a Bittorrent Question
    Last edited by sear; 08-17-2007 at 04:27 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    guy's one thing that is breaking the rules on every torrent site
    General rules -
    Breaking these rules can and will get you banned!
    Do not upload our torrents to other trackers!
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    @InstantClassic, it depends on a few things

1.seeder leech ratio
    if there are 200 seeds and 10 leeches your chances of uploading much are reduced. best to choose torrents with a better balance so the leeches want your data though be careful as on some torrents with a high number of leeches everyone could be at 65% or whatever meaning they're all waiting for the original seed to upload to them. Also some of the leeches will be false because they've only downloaded part of the file so they can seed it back (which is a good strategy to use to build your ratio) so you need to think carefully about each torrent you snatch.

2.leeches download speed
    if they have a fast speed you will upload to them faster

3. the trackers server speed
    in my experience some trackers just have better speeds

I'm sure there are more reasons and lots of other things to consider as well particularly connection issues ie: are your ports forwarded properly?

look here for more Before Posting a Bittorrent Question
    Thanks a bunch. This really helps.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    My pleasure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast