Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: PC Version Of Bioshock Uses Anti Piracy System.

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    I tell you what, I think the game deserves a purchase.

However, I'd get the crack for the case of me having to install past 2 computers.

Hell if I bought the game, I'm not buying it again just to play it on a 3rd comp that I own.

The game ain't that friggin' good.
    It's now 5 installs, and you are not limited to that 5. It can only be installed on 5 computers at once. By using the uninstaller the game connects to the 2k servers and unregisters the computer with the game, meaning you can then go and install it on another computer.

The only way you will 'lose' an install credit is if you are forced to format your computer before you can run the uninstaller.

Still it's a crap method but not quite as bad as people are making out, plus 2k have said they will be releasing a patch once the buzz of the game dies down to make the number of installs unlimited.
    Thanks Peerz.

Actually that's pretty fair. The average joe doesn't even own or install a game 5 computers in a lifetime.

With 5 installs now + unlimited later, 2K is showing they clearly just wanna combat piracy without being a dick about it and stepping on the rights of lawful owners of the game.

Good job, I say.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post

It's now 5 installs, and you are not limited to that 5. It can only be installed on 5 computers at once. By using the uninstaller the game connects to the 2k servers and unregisters the computer with the game, meaning you can then go and install it on another computer.

The only way you will 'lose' an install credit is if you are forced to format your computer before you can run the uninstaller.

Still it's a crap method but not quite as bad as people are making out, plus 2k have said they will be releasing a patch once the buzz of the game dies down to make the number of installs unlimited.
    Thanks Peerz.

Actually that's pretty fair. The average joe doesn't even own or install a game 5 computers in a lifetime.

With 5 installs now + unlimited later, 2K is showing they clearly just wanna combat piracy without being a dick about it and stepping on the rights of lawful owners of the game.

Good job, I say.
    Found the original article;
    Quote Originally Posted by bit-tech.net
    Ken Levine, Lead Designer for BioShock, has revealed that the game’s copy protection will be removed at some point in the future.

We will unset the online activation at some point in the future – we’re not talking about when,” said Levine, in an interview with Joystiq. “This activation is for the early period of the game when it’s really hot and there are people really trying to find ways to play the game without buying it.”

Later in the interview, he admitted that 2K had made a mistake with the number of installations allowed and that the number of installs will be increased. “Basically the copy protection, everything about how it works is exactly what you'll see in other titles like Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Command & Conquer 3, and Harry Potter.

“The only thing we have is online activation now. But that just does a check with a server and validates the installation. Right now we have a set number of installs and, frankly, it’s too low. We screwed up. We analysed where we were and we’ll up the number of installs.

He understands gamers’ frustrations when they were unable to activate their legitimate copies of the game. “People can't activate their key, I dig that people are pissed off, and I understand it. Here we are day one of the European launch and day four of the American and we're working every single day working on these issues. I believe people deserve to play the game.”

Levine also acknowledged that there were concerns about the anti-piracy measures 2K Games had taken, but reassured gamers that “there’s nothing wacky going on there, at some point we’ll move back from online activation. If people want to play BioShock ten years from now, they’ll be able to play it. We have a commitment from 2K that that is going to happen and we'll hold them to that commitment and they're serious about it, we'll make that happen.”
    I still don't like the idea but a company has to try and protect their asset, especially as it's cost 2k so much to make. At least they have realized they made a mistake with the 2 installs and upped it to 5 and let us know it will be going after a while.

Some games have had major flaws and just been left to die (the PC version of Enter The Matrix and most EA games come to mind) without the needed fixes.

I won't be buying the game, but I doubt I'll be downloading it either as I can't see my machine running it. Maybe when I get my new laptop I'll download it and see what the hype is about but until 2 or 3 weeks ago I had no idea this game was even in production so I'm not massively desperate to play it, yet.

3. Games   -   #53
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

4. Games   -   #54
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    uhhhhhhh!

This has to be won of the best posts Ive seen in awhile.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

5. Games   -   #55
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    About freaking time and IND did it. I think they usually crack small games and apps. I was expecting one of the big boys to crack this bitch in 1-2 days.

6. Games   -   #56
    iND = independent like NoGrp

7. Games   -   #57
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    BioShock.PROPER-LOLCATS.torrent

PROPER NOTES:

This release does not require internet, nor does it have any serial or
    activation part and you don't have to copy any cracked files over.
    It's all been easied for your pleasure. MIAUW!

~this one works perfectly I love it, im playing bioshock right now, its such a fun game, scary too!
    *Told you it would be cracked.
    Last edited by SirGray; 09-01-2007 at 10:21 PM.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

8. Games   -   #58
    smirnoff's Avatar Drink Responsibily BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    great game.
    Is the game uses DX10 technology?

9. Games   -   #59
    can I curse? FUCK!
    It does use DX10 technology but there is no visible difference between DX9 and DX10 because the game was built primarily for DX9 (or so I have read)

10. Games   -   #60
    ilya's Avatar Proud Israeli BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    It does use DX10 technology but there is no visible difference between DX9 and DX10 because the game was built primarily for DX9 (or so I have read)

really? awesome

i thought i was losing something when i am not playing in dx10.... oh well even if i was losing something graphic wise, vista isn't worth it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456