Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIMS 2 (PC) wont work on vista

v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Same thing happened to me here. I installed the game, copied the crack over, start the game it worked, exit and when load the game again I got the message. No matter what I do now the game won't work. Also happens when installed it on my friends PC too so I guess The SIMS 2 suxxxxxxxxxx

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    Sounds like you have just burned the image onto a disc as data, or downloaded a version of the game which has been extracted from the image.

this is correct this is what i done, i was hoping to install the game after extracting the files from the iso, then after realising the game needed the disc in the drive i copied the files to disc as a data disc and the disc label was 'new' not 'sims2' as it should have been. Anyway it worked fine on my kids pc with xp installed and the disc label named 'new' but on my girfriends laptop the disc has to be named 'sims2' to work properly and to install the update.

thanks all for the help, i got there in the end, lesson learned i will just burn the iso's to disc in future. cheers

3. Games   -   #13
    A lot of games wont work on vista, i run a gameserver for an old game wolfenstein enemy territory all vista users only get kicks cause of an anti cheat aplication

4. Games   -   #14
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Glad to see you got it sorted m8. Incase you didnt know "Bon Voyage" has just been released
    Rent this space

5. Games   -   #15
    Have you tried going back to XP?

6. Games   -   #16
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeOne View Post
    Have you tried going back to XP?
    did you read the above posts? He sorted it, something todo with how burned the disk.
    Rent this space

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12