Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 3D0 question

  1. #1
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beverly Hills, California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    259

    Surprised/Amazed

    For those who knows, can you play backup cds on a 3do without the need of a bootdisc or modchip??????

    I found a 3do and i plan to buy it next week and it comes back with plenty of games and a controller, so i was wondering.

  2. Games   -   #2
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,491
    There is no copy protection on 3D0 games judging by a few threads I've read about the subject. I'd buy one given the opportunity (I had one back in '96) just so my grandchildren could take it on the antiques roadshow in the future and make thousands ($billions).

  3. Games   -   #3
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beverly Hills, California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    259
    Thanks, for the information. My pawn shop around my way is selling for one for actually 45 dollars, 2 controllers and 3 sample discs and 10 games. So i'm going to pick it up next week. I was asking about the backup thing, because i have a few 3do games which i had sitting around for a while, NFS, killing time and crash and burn, so i cant to play them.

    Peace

  4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryU2K View Post
    Thanks, for the information. My pawn shop around my way is selling for one for actually 45 dollars, 2 controllers and 3 sample discs and 10 games. So i'm going to pick it up next week. I was asking about the backup thing, because i have a few 3do games which i had sitting around for a while, NFS, killing time and crash and burn, so i cant to play them.

    Peace
    Plug it up in the shop first.

    45 dollars just for the system would be a rip-off. With every thing else it's pretty good.

    edit: Actually I was thinking of the Neo Geo.

  5. Games   -   #5
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beverly Hills, California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    259
    Alright, can you play play backups with the sega saturn with ease?

    btw, i also found this in the store for psone, do it really work?
    http://www.modchipstore.com/Breaker-...isc-16172.html

    They have 2 of those in the store, brand new.
    Last edited by LegendaryU2K; 08-28-2007 at 06:05 AM.

  6. Games   -   #6
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beverly Hills, California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    259
    Hello?

  7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    There is no copy protection on 3D0 games judging by a few threads I've read about the subject. I'd buy one given the opportunity (I had one back in '96) just so my grandchildren could take it on the antiques roadshow in the future and make thousands ($billions).
    Wikipedia agrees;

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    The 3DO console is one of few CD-based units that feature neither regional lockout nor copy protection, scoring it points amongst import gamers and software pirates alike. However, reports have suggested that the Goldstar model isn't particularly durable when used for either of those purposes. Although there is no regional lockout present in any 3DO machine, a few Japanese games cannot be played on non-Japanese 3DO consoles due to a special kanji font. At the request of the 3DO company, most third-party developers included this font directly on the game CDs so that they could be played on any 3DO console. Games that did not and thus have compatibility issues include Sword and Sorcery (which was released in English under the title Lucienne's Quest) and a demo version of Alone in the Dark.
    @LegendaryU2K

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryU2K View Post
    Alright, can you play play backups with the sega saturn with ease?

    btw, i also found this in the store for psone, do it really work?
    http://www.modchipstore.com/Breaker-...isc-16172.html

    They have 2 of those in the store, brand new.
    I've got no experience with the product but I doubt they could get away with selling it on quite large modding website without it working. Although it works on both PS1 and PS2 it will only work with PS1 games.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 08-31-2007 at 08:56 AM.


  8. Games   -   #8
    LegendaryU2K's Avatar "Respect all Women"
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beverly Hills, California
    Age
    36
    Posts
    259
    Thanks for the information guys. I actually planned to pick up the 3do with games in about 2 weeks, and i am instead picking up the modded saturn( i found one ) and a psone w/import boot disc next weeked.

    Peace

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •