Thread: clearing and refreshing your memory

Is there anything i can do to clear and refresh my memory easy (have 2 gig in computer). After leaving some big games if i use yahoo or msn messenger when i go to shut them down they stay stuck and wont close. I need to go into "Task manager" then into "view" and hit "refresh now" to free things up.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    man' it's my life story i tried many programs my self like memory booster and things like this but no good they saying these kind of programs can affects your memory badly

For Serving Community

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nSyder's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Try to use a memory optimizer.
    I recommend you CachemanXP or Memory Washer to boost your PC's Ram performance.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Here's the easiest "One-click" way to clear your memory (in Windows) anytime you want...

Right-click your desktop -> New -> Shortcut

In "Type the location of the item:", type:

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

Click Next, type any name for the shortcut, then click Finish.

That's it. Just double click that shortcut whenever you want to clear your memory and your PC will be running fast again without restarting it.

Last edited by fstrulz; 08-27-2007 at 11:30 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Good tip I'll have to check that out.

Cheers.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i will try that thanks for your reply

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Try CrapCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) its a free utility that deletes a shit load of useless files and cleans up lots of memory. If you need something more powerful, there is WindowWasher (http://www.webroot.com). Its not free, but does a little more. In my experience, however, CCleaner does enough.

Theres a whole lot of memory optimization tools too. You can try O&O CleverCache (http://www.oo-software.com) which is pretty good but not free.

If you want to see if there are any big files you can delete check out WinDirStat (http://www.windirstat.info). It gives a graphical view of your harddrive so you can see where space is being eaten up. Best of all, its free.

Lastly, a nice defrag always helps. Three of the best defraggers are PerfectDisk, O&O Defrag, and DiskKeeper.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    CCleaner is good. If your windows starts slowing down, I find CTRL-ALT-DEL then Kill explorer.exe works well. Then just go to 'new process and type: explorer.exe
    It's almost like restarting
    Now go away.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I make a point to run CCLeaner, Tuneup Utilities 2007, Ad-aware 2007, Spybot Search and Destroy and then Defrag and make a restore point. I do this everyday usually before going bed lol.
    Rent this space