Thread: Track

i heard that the RAA or whatever is tracking down people who are downloading mp3 and shits and they catch u u gott pay 700 and up it was on the news and everything

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Really?

The RIAA is going after users?

Sorry, but it seems as though 50% of the posts over the past couple of weeks are about this exact same subject.

Try typing "RIAA" in the search engine (now that it's working again) and you'll see what I mean.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    who cares????

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    We are probably a bit safer than normal kazaa users. Kazaa Lite and K++ have spyware disabled.
    If they wanted to, the RIAA could find a way to track us, but the extra cost to nail a niche "market" like Lite might be prohibitive. On the flip side, we are the more savvy ones, and therefore more likely to be targeted. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an RIAA rep reading this right now, trying to find any info about the next big fileswapping buzz.
    Normal Kazaa users are easier to target because they are more likely to be boneheads and not take any kind of precaution.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride@1 July 2003 - 03:08
    We are probably a bit safer than normal kazaa users. Kazaa Lite and K++ have spyware disabled.
    If they wanted to, the RIAA could find a way to track us, but the extra cost to nail a niche "market" like Lite might be prohibitive. On the flip side, we are the more savvy ones, and therefore more likely to be targeted. I wouldn't be surprised if there is an RIAA rep reading this right now, trying to find any info about the next big fileswapping buzz.
    Normal Kazaa users are easier to target because they are more likely to be boneheads and not take any kind of precaution.
    We're definitely giving them ideas when we say how regular Kazaa users are more vulnerable -- it may not make US easier to catch, but makes it harder on the regular Kazaa users.

The adware/spyware in regular Kazaa might also log when WE connect to someone running it and then THEY can track us (indirectly) that way... if their database is big and accurate enough. This is how they might also nail leeches as well as sharers.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Just my opinion but what they (The RIAA) will want to do is sue people and create huge shock value. I am sure they know they will never be able to stop P2P file sharing. But if they can take a large chunk out of it they will have gained alot of ground. So if they are smart they will target people from all walks of life. Some people only sharing even one file. Then they will sue them for the max to create large numbers in the papers for shock value. You know stuff like "The RIAA sues 18yr old kid from Nebraska for 150 million dollars". That way people will get scared and less files will be shared. I would think they would settle with people out of court with a sealed agreement that the people can't discuss. That way no one knows if they really even payed any money.
    But that way it would also still seem to the general public that they people payed a huge sum of money.

I dunno but thats my two cents.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    i just saw some article about RIAA sueing and it said its gonna be around 15,000 just for ONE song, do they even realize that they are going after a bunch of little kids using Kazaaa? how can a little kid that dont even work pay off all this a shit the RIAA can suck on my 8======D and die