Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Seeds While Dl/ing?

what happends if there arent anymore seeds when ur 84% into download do i cancel it

2. Games   -   #2
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Usually when I'm in that situation, and its a very large file, and I'm near completion, I just leave it there untill a kind soul hopefuly reseeds it. If I'm waiting 8 hours for a game I want and then it stops on me well then I'll be damned if I'm going to cancel it. Thats just my opinion though. If the file you are downloading isnt that much of importance to you, such as a "I'm bored lets download" download, then just cancel it.

3. Games   -   #3
    ill just resume it tommorow when some one reseeds it

4. Games   -   #4
    Smart Idea. Though I usually just leave my pc on when downloading. That way if someone reseeds it while your asleep, then when you wake up, most of it will probably be done.

5. Games   -   #5
    im on 84% now so thats good will i be able to play my Battlefield1942.CCD online when i install it?

6. Games   -   #6
    Since I'm not a battlefield 1942 fan (I play operation flashpoint...legitiment bought copy), and I buy games that require cd keys, I'm not sure if yours will work. If it requires a unique cd key then chances are you won't be able to since the game companys do an excellent job with there key systems...(except for microsoft...though I still love em anyway. It was so easy getting xp pro from them.).

7. Games   -   #7
    whats upload rate?

8. Games   -   #8
    Upload rate is how many kps you are uploading to other people. Thats how bittorrent works. You download parts from other people and they download from you what you have already finished.

9. Games   -   #9
    what do they download? how do they download the same file from you? while ur downloading it from them? when ur done with the WHOLE file and ur not downloading when u close ur download box can they still d/l off u?

10. Games   -   #10
    ok let me explain. I'm not a bittorrent expert but I have a basic understand...I think. First off when you download a torrent from somewhere, other people that are downloading it are getting the parts you have already downloaded from you. Such as if you have a 100mb game (rare these days lol) and you have 50mb downloaded so far, then other people are downloading the 50mb's you already have downloaded. You are a source. When you are done downloading the file completely, if you leave the download box up then you are a seeder since you have the whole file. If you close that box they cannot download any further.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast