Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Leaseweb M$ web server Help Please!!!:(

  1. #1
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    74

    Arrow

    I just got a leaseweb M$ web server and I wanted to know what applications I need to run it I read alot of post but it doesn't mention everything at once...I' honestly confused
    I think I can use Serv-U for my FTP services but is there any thing else I need Specifically....Like terminal services VPN PUtty Thanks for your help

    The server specs are here if you care to look at them.

    http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=express3

    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by goinclubbin; 08-19-2007 at 04:06 AM.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by goinclubbin View Post
    I just got a leaseweb M$ web server and I wanted to know what applications I need to run it I read alot of post but it doesn't mention everything at once...I' honestly confused
    I think I can use Serv-U for my FTP services but is there any thing else I need Specifically....Like terminal services VPN PUtty Thanks for your help

    The server specs are here if you care to look at them.

    http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=express3

    Thanks for your help!
    If its a windows based server...
    Should be all set with a basic FTP server.
    Your fav torrent client.
    And thats about all.
    Unless you were planning on doing something else with the server.
    Be sure to open the ports on their hidden firewall.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    74
    Thanks for the information. I had one question tho.....How do I open the ports on the hidden firewall? I appreciate it thanks. BTW everything else is working great.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by goinclubbin View Post
    Thanks for the information. I had one question tho.....How do I open the ports on the hidden firewall? I appreciate it thanks. BTW everything else is working great.
    I dont use LW but I beleive its hidden in your network settings somewhere.
    If you wanted to I could check on your server for you but would need a temp login. Then you can change the password or something after its all set.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yes, is in the network connection tab of the control panel.
    PM if you need help

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    376
    Also I'm a little bit curious should he use the encryption on utorrent?

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by beat View Post
    Also I'm a little bit curious should he use the encryption on utorrent?
    Depends on the type of server hes using and if the host hes using allows him to store files (Data) on their servers legally.

    Personally I just leave it on but not forced encrytion.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    620
    Standard Windows installation has everything you need to set up seedbox except torrent client. Use Microsoft FTP server to access files and Remote Desktop Connection to run programs etc.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP View Post
    Standard Windows installation has everything you need to set up seedbox except torrent client. Use Microsoft FTP server to access files and Remote Desktop Connection to run programs etc.
    Your acctually better off not using any MS non-essential products on your box. Such as their FTP server or IIS they have something in there that sometimes tracks illegal usage somehow I have been told. (Actual hosting companies have told me this.)

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    85
    Setup Serv U FTP on LeaseWeb Server and set it up with Account name, port, password etc, Set up FileZilla FTP on home Computer to download or upload to and from the server. For MS i would suggest uTorrent 1.6.1 or 1.7.2 minimizes ram and is capable of alot. LeaseWeb shouldnt be blocking any ports but use from 35000-45000 range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •