Thread: Winlinux2003

nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Is it any good?
    I'm using Windows Me. Can I use the Windows bootdisk I made before installing Winlinux2003, cause making one during the installation failed.
    If I install LILO, does that mean I won't have to use a bootdisk?
    thx in advance.

Oh, I forgot. I'm a newbee on the Linux turf. That's the reason for downloading WinLinux2003. I want too see if Linux is worth my time.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Since your a newbie.. i highly reccomend you get a copy of Virtual PC 5 off kazaa. Then install WinLinux with that.

That way you can boot it up virtually inside window me, and dont have to worry about n e problems cause the whole os will be installed to "1 file".

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 June 2003 - 14:40
    Since your a newbie.. i highly reccomend you get a copy of Virtual PC 5 off kazaa. Then install WinLinux with that.

That way you can boot it up virtually inside window me, and dont have to worry about n e problems cause the whole os will be installed to "1 file".
    You forgot to tell him that he should have at least a gig of ram to run any virtual pc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    a gig of a ram

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Well, thnx for the tips but one gig of ram isn't what I've got. Using Windows Me with 256MB.
    Does anybody out there has any expirience with WinLinux2003??
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --