Thread: Update Escd Successfully

everytime i turn my computer on, i get this messg (Update ESCD Successfully) and then mouse doesnt work. to solve this matter i had to shut down my computer and then turn it back on, this hapens eveytime. any Tips to solve this solution.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    The ESCD (Extended System Configuration Data) is a method that the BIOS uses to store resource information for both PNP and Non PNP devices in a bit string format. The reason it shows "ESCD Updated Successfully" everytime on boot up is because the system has at least one ISA card in it and it is running Windows95. The ESCD record boot up sequence arranged by Windows95 is different from the ESCD record boot up sequence arranged by the BIOS. On boot up, the system BIOS will attempt to update the ESCD. This will in no way affect system performance. Later versions of the BIOS will address this problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    is there any way this problem can be solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Please READ
    Update the drivers for the ISA card you have. or update your bios

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Later versions of the BIOS will address this problem.
    e.g update your bios.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i dont have that much experience with computers so i dont know how to update Bios.i am gussing i need drivers for that buy which drivers would that be and also where can i find them.

e.g update your bios. 

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    http://www.wimsbios.com/ has lots of infor about your bios and how to update it. As far as drivers are concerned, we'd have to know what hardware u've got (in particular the ISA card that IKE said is causing the problems.) There might be some info in device manager
    Start -> control panel (sorry can't remember exactly where it is in Win95, but its there somewhere) -> System -> Device Manager (-> list hardware??, sorry really can't remember 95 at all, someone who does will have to correct this)
    Has anything got a red mark or cross against it? or if not it might be possible to find out there (with a bit of looking around) what isa card(s) you have.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ilw@1 July 2003 - 08:58
    http://www.wimsbios.com/ has lots of infor about your bios and how to update it. As far as drivers are concerned, we'd have to know what hardware u've got (in particular the ISA card that IKE said is causing the problems.) There might be some info in device manager
    Start -> control panel (sorry can't remember exactly where it is in Win95, but its there somewhere) -> System -> Device Manager (-> list hardware??, sorry really can't remember 95 at all, someone who does will have to correct this)
    Has anything got a red mark or cross against it? or if not it might be possible to find out there (with a bit of looking around) what isa card(s) you have.
    make sure your PRINT out the instructions... we are talkin workin with the bios here..