Thread: Deadaim 4.0 And Aim V5.2.3277

nizers's Avatar Poster
    For any of you out there that haven't upgraded to AIM v5.2.3277 yet there is a compatibility issue with DeadAIM 4.0. Yeah.. the issue is, they don't work together. I'm sure that the guys over at jdennis.net are working on an update for this problem but for now you won't be able to use your DeadAIM features with the new AIM version. So far, i can't see any difference between the last version of AIM and the new one, so i don't really think the upgrade is worth it.

Just to keep you posted!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Just thought I'd post this:
    DeadAIM 4 Official Site

EDIT: Woops, forgot about the rules, sorry about that balamm.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i am running the new aim and the dead aim 4.0 and everythign seems to be working right

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Hmmm.... well, i couldn't get mine to work together and i searched the forums over at jdennis.net and found that other people were having similar problems.... even after repairing their deadAIM. Maybe it's a user error.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i don't know... maybe

its not like my comp is a great machine... it freezes when i run kazaa lite, have a conversation on deadaim, and surf the web.. not all the time but it doesn't like that combination.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Uhm, Nizer- uninstall DeadAIM and reinstall it after upgrading/reinstalling aim just like in previous deadaim versions.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Yea.. i figured that out once i re-installed the old version of AIM and DeadAIM still wasn't working. I ended up having to re-install DeadAIM after the AIM install. Okay everybody.... false alarm.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i thought something was wrong if my computer could handle it and others couldn't